Campaign and Donation Form

• Bill
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 3 months ago #130936 by Bill
Campaign and Donation Form was created by Bill
I am having a problem with setting up the campaign and it's form. I want to use the home page as the page which lists all the campaigns - very much like the demo site. As per the manual, I have set up another menu item for the first campaign on the list and created an article to go with that. In that article I have included the item {jdform=1} as I want the donation form for the first campaign.

Now I go to the front end, click on "donate" for the first campaign and what happens is not what I expect. The link sends control back to the home page, except adds the donation form at the bottom. So it shows the list of all the campaigns, then repeats the first campaign and then the donation form.

Clearly I am not setting this up right, but the manual is not at all clear on what has to be done.

I have checked the URL on the "Donate" link at it is
www.zoolake.co.za/joomla/index.php/compo...n/erosion?Itemid=144
"erosion" is the name of the first campaign article and the item id of 144 is for the home page.

Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #130949 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Campaign and Donation Form
Hi Bill,
I am not sure with your idea, when i go to this page: www.zoolake.co.za/joomla/index.php/compo...on?Itemid=176;%20177 and i click on Donate button on campaign: "Erosion Project", i can go to donation page of that campaign normally.
Thanks
Dam

• Bill
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 3 months ago #130974 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Campaign and Donation Form
Hi Dam,

Thanks for your reply. I did realise that the field ItemID needed to be filled, which is what I did using the ItemId of 176. This points to the menu item for the first campaign. Now if the user clicks on the "Donate" button for the second campaign surely this parameter should be changed to the menu item relating to the second campaign i.e. 177? You can check it out - clicking on the donate for the second campaign produces an incomplete page for the donation form without the introduction with the campaign details. There should be a way of changing the parameter being passed?

Regards,

Bill

More
4 years 3 months ago #130994 by Mr. Dam
Sorry, i am not sure with your problem, could you please explain it more details?
Thanks
Dam

• Bill
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 3 months ago #130995 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Campaign and Donation Form
My home page uses the Donations Campaign module. So, it displays all the information regarding the (two) campaigns, including a button to "Donate" in each case. These campaigns are "Erosion Project" and "User Survey Project"
If you click the button for the first campaign - "Erosion Project", it will take you to a page called "Erosion Project" with an ItemID of 176. All good.
If you instead click on the button for the second campaign - "User Survey Project" it should take you to a page called "Survey Project Project". But it doesn't. The reason is that the passed parameter ItemID is still 176 and should be 177.
Please let me know if this explains the problem.
Regards,
Bill

More
4 years 3 months ago #131089 by Mr. Dam
Hi Bill,
It's strange issue, could you please submit ticket on category: Joom Donation and provide your site url with super admin account. I will check the issue for you
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt