• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #113460 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.13.2 released
Hi Allan

Yes. The setting should prevent users from being subscribed to ACYMailing if they don't check on the checkbox. Are you saying that even they are not checking on the checkbox, they are still being added to ACYMailing when their subscription is approved? That sound strange to me

If could happen with users subscribed before this feature added. For users subscribed after this feature added, I don't know how it could happens

If you have a reliable way for us to see the error ourself, I will be happy to look at it

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #113473 by Alan Henness
Replied by Alan Henness on topic Membership Pro version 2.13.2 released
Tuan

I have just tried this again:

I signed up under a new test name and did not tick the newsletter tick box. A subscription record was created in MP but no joomla user - I have 'Only create user account when membership active/approved' set to Yes. There is no user added to acymailing at this stage.

I then approve the subscription by changing it from Pending to Active. This creates the joomla user as expected.

However, a new user has now been added to acymailing - see attached screenshot.

With those settings, they won't receive any newsletters, but it would be better if they were not added in the first place.
Attachments:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 10 months ago #113475 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.13.2 released
I would say that it might be added automatically by ACYMailing when the user account is created? I remember ACYMailing has a plugin like that, could you please check?

Tuan

More
5 years 10 months ago #113477 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic Membership Pro version 2.13.2 released
Tuan is correct, this user is auto created and I don't think you can turn it off. The one you can stop is the auto creation of a Joomla User from an ACYMailing user.

The GDPR extension mentioned elsewhere knows about ACYMailing and should auto resolve the issue if they leave the site.

More
5 years 10 months ago #113479 by Alan Henness
Ah!

There is this: AcyMailing : (auto)Subscribe during Joomla registration "Automatically subscribe the user to AcyMailing during the Joomla registration process"

I have that published so that might be causing it. But I also have MP adding to a mailing list on subscription, so, before this new tickbox, acymailing would have tried to create the new user when the joomla account was created but I suspect MP would already have created it. It obviously didn't create any conflict.

I've just unpublished that plugin and now no acymailing user is created! All now working as expected - I only create accounts through MP so the plugin is not needed.

Many thanks Alan and Tuan!

More
5 years 10 months ago #113480 by Alan Henness
And I've just checked that when ticking the newsletter box, an acymailing user is correctly created when I activate the account.