• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 6 months ago #116997 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro 2.15.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 2.15.0 with the following improvements:

1. Improve Download Managers plugin

Now when you create documents to allow subscribers of a plan to download, beside uploading new documents, you can also select existing documents (which were created for other plans before). That helps saving time, and also addressed a limitation when you use Downloads Managers plugin to sell and provide update for your extensions using Joomla updaters

2. Improve upgrade membership

Added a new pro-rated option called Keep duration, price prorated. When you select that option for upgrade rule, the subscription duration of the upgraded plan will be the same with original plan, the price of the upgrade would be calculated base on the remaining days of the subscription and the price of the upgraded plan. It has been asked by customers and I am happy to have it implemented now

3. Use custom date format for date pickers

Before this release, when you need to select a date (for example, subscription from date, subscription to date...), the format of the date in the date picker will always be YYYY-MM-DD format. Now, you can use custom date format you want (choose from Date Picker Format config option). Much easier and more user-friendly to work with.

4. Improve sending reminder for recurring subscriptions

Now, for recurring subscription plans with fixed number of payments, the system will only send reminder emails before the last payment processed (before, it's sent before every payment processed). This has been asked by many customers, see this thread for more details www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...piration-emails.html

5. Improve coupons feature

A new setting called Max usage per user is added for coupon. With this setting, you can limit maximum number of times the coupon can be used by each user (for example, you create coupon but only want each customers to use it one time, set this parameter to 1)

Please update your site to this latest version of Membership Pro to use these improvements. Thanks for continue using our product and support our development. I will continue working hard to improve the product and make it better

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marck Goran Lorencin
More
5 years 6 months ago #117034 by Marck Goran Lorencin
Replied by Marck Goran Lorencin on topic Membership Pro 2.15.0 released
Great to have new features!

but I do have an issue with the latest version, when adding a subscriber manually in the backend admin, there is a problem with setting a date of create/expire …you can pick a date, but it seems to only store the time and does not allow for any other date but current date to be saved in database

temporarily I had to edit date manually directly in the DB to get the correct date set

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 6 months ago #117035 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro 2.15.0 released
Hello Marck

Could you please go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, find the config option Date Picker Format, select the date format you want (for example Y-m-d), then check it again? The issue should be sorted

Tuan

• Marck Goran Lorencin
More
5 years 6 months ago #117038 by Marck Goran Lorencin
hah …yes this did fix my issue, thank you :)

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 6 months ago #117039 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks for confirming. Please note that you can choose the format you want if needed (not hardcoded to Y-m-d format like before)

Tuan

• Marck Goran Lorencin
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #117040 by Marck Goran Lorencin
yes I noticed now, didn't even realise this was added

Marck
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Marck Goran Lorencin.

More
5 years 6 months ago #117066 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Membership Pro 2.15.0 released
Hi Tuan,

I note the following enhancement: 4. Improve sending reminder for recurring subscriptions.

Can you explain what needs to be done to previously setup subscriptions / plans, with this new sending reminder for recurring subscriptions, so I do it correctly?

Also, now that the above is finally done, albeit it only solves one of the two issues raised in the original thread you linked to, this raises a further question;

Now, for recurring subscriptions, how can we send a subscriber an email, containing their invoice specifically for the next payment period (for e.g. 'You're account is about to be charged') kind of thing, as providers like Skype, Office 365 and so forth do themselves?

Regards,

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 6 months ago #117069 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@PhoenixUK

Can you explain what needs to be done to previously setup subscriptions / plans, with this new sending reminder for recurring subscriptions, so I do it correctly?

=> Basically, you don't have to do anything. Before this release, for plan with fixed number of payments, the system always send reminder emails before the current subscription expired (before the next payment happens). Now, for these subscriptions, the system will only send reminder email when the last subscription is going to expired as you and other customers requested in the original thread

Now, for recurring subscriptions, how can we send a subscriber an email, containing their invoice specifically for the next payment period

=> Honestly, I am unsure.How do you suggest? At the beginning, the system always send reminder emails before the current subscription expired (and before the next payment happens) and you seems don't want it. Now I am not sure what to do

Tuan

More
5 years 6 months ago #117222 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Membership Pro 2.15.0 released

=> Honestly, I am unsure.How do you suggest? At the beginning, the system always send reminder emails before the current subscription expired (and before the next payment happens) and you seems don't want it. Now I am not sure what to do
Tuan

Tuan, If you recall the whole issue that began or was raised to you nearly 2 years ago and upto this new version, was that each and every month for a recurring plans subscriptions, an 'Expiry' email would be sent which above all else just confuses end users that would receive these emails. This I believe was also tied to the 'Reminder' settings in a plans detail, which is what you said made it previously awkward to sort.

However, it was always known that the subscription wouldn't be actually expiring and should only have had an expiry email based upon a site owners expiry notification settings in X days from the end of the plan, yet this wasn't the case - therefore your recent amendment to this particular end user experience works well don't get me wrong. :)

Additionally though, I had stated all along and I believe Channing did too, that there also needed to be a new email message ability in Emails & Messages > Recurring Subscription Messages (As this wouldn't come under Renewal, Upgrade or Reminder) that would allow invoice emails to be sent per month of a recurring plan say on the first day of their plans new month, to update the paying client that their order / plan has been delivered for that month and possible to include their invoice etc.

What we are speaking about here specifically is the end user experience that has lacked in this specific area, whereby the user process flow that makes sense to both site owners (Membership Pro) and end users (Paying clients) needs such an additional Email & Messages box.

Maybe Channing could explain it better, even though I think that the above is quite clear enough?

Your further thoughts Tuan would be appreciated.

Regards,

• StreetSportService
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #122628 by StreetSportService
Replied by StreetSportService on topic Membership Pro 2.15.0 released
Hi Tuan

Is it possible to make coupon only eligible for a specific plan?

This would be a very nice feature to support a platform usage where plan creator with "edit own" privilege can make coupons only for a "the specific plan he creates" and/or "own plans"

This question is similar to one i made for Event Booking.

I really hope you will consider this feature