Auto membership extension without changing expiry date

• Shannon McColley
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127111 by Shannon McColley
We're in a cycle of renewals for our subscription plans and I thought of something today that would be really helpful.

Currently we have our plans set to expire on August 31. Reminders are sent out over the month before this date, so I need to keep the expiry date set as is. However, when a new member subscribes after May 1 in a given year, our poilcy is to give an automatc extension for the following year (so you'd get 16 months instead of 12). I'm having to go in for each new subscription after May 1 and manually extend their expiry dates by a year.

Could we get an "auto extension" date field implemented in the Plan settings that allows us to set a date after which the plan will renew out for an additional set period of time? Or even better, both an auto extend date setting and a secondary expiry date setting (if the auto extend is used) sso you can adjust the extension length by any amount.

Also, this would need this to work on both renewals as well as new subscriptions. Just today I had a case of a member renewing for the upcoming calendar year, but they'd allowed their their membership to lapse in 2018 so the renewal only gave them until Aug 31 this year. I had to manually go in and adjust it to 2020.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127150 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Auto membership extension without changing expiry date
Hello

It could not be automatic right now. However, you can easily change it by change setting of the plan

So on May 1 each year, you can edit the plan, change Expired Date setting, add one year to it and it should be fine

Of course, doing this automatically would be great and I will try to support it in the future

Regards,

Tuan

• Shannon McColley
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127219 by Shannon McColley
Replied by Shannon McColley on topic Auto membership extension without changing expiry date
Oh, maybe I've misunderstood how the reminder emails work then.

If someone is on X plan and their expiry is 31 Aug, and I change X plan's expiry date to 31 Dec, would a 30-day reminder email go out on 1 Aug or 1 Dec? I assumed it was locked to the plan expiry, not individuals.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127225 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Auto membership extension without changing expiry date
Hello Shannon

You mis-understood the way the system send reminder. The system does not use plan expiry date for sending reminder, it will use the subscription end date of individual record to determine when to send reminder emails

So you can change plan expiry date without affecting reminder emails, don't worry

Tuan

• Shannon McColley
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127227 by Shannon McColley
Replied by Shannon McColley on topic Auto membership extension without changing expiry date
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification!

More
4 years 8 months ago #127757 by Alan Bennett
I have the same requirement and I automatically handle it using PHP scripting on the plan.

When they join in April, May, June they get an extra years membership. Our year starts on 1 July.

See attached file

password is membership
Attachments:

More
4 years 8 months ago #127764 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Alan for sharing the code. I will improve the extension to allow this configurable for each plan so that you won't have to use plugin like that

Regards,

Tuan