New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #59322 by gabriel
Replied by gabriel on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Import Subscribers help ...

when I import the csv 2 times the same user to the plugin, it duplicates the record, he has no way to do an update on the information in place to double ?
or not but matter when the customer is already registered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #60370 by Nick
The Subscribers Cleaner and User Plugs sound like they might be useful. Do they exist and if so where can I find them?

I need to batch update the subscription details for 2000 users.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #60379 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
@Nick: Go to Extensions -> Plugins Manager and you can find these plugins

However, the batch update feature you are talking about is not available. The CSV import features can only be used to import new subscribers into the system, not update existing data

Tuan

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #60574 by Nick
Having had an import which did not bring in dates because they were in the wrong format. I am now deleting them in order to reimport.

I can only delete 20 at a time. 84 pages of delete to do :( I was also only able to import 3 to 400 users at a time. If I tried 2000 it returned having imported 0 Subscribers. This may have been to do with the extension issue (see next post)
When revisiting this feature it might be worth considering the needs of someone using the import to a new full set of subscribers from another system. Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Nick.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #60575 by Nick
It seems to only accept files with an extension csv and does not import .txt files.

Unfortunately this was one of the last things I tried having had lots of "0 Subscribers imported messages" MS Access export .txt by default

Just imported 2000 Membership pro users. Only have 1000 Joomla users..... :( What can I do now. Delete everything again and start again :( :(

I previously was able to import all users and the correct number of Joomla users was created. I cleared out all users and then changed the update to include payment date, from date and to date. Now I have done that it seems to have only created Joomla users where the import contains an email address. Having come from an old system we have many users where we don't have email addresses.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Nick. Reason: Update

More
8 years 10 months ago #62870 by bluetonguedesigns
Replied by bluetonguedesigns on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
OK, trying my first sets of imports, mostly going ok.

Using the sample csv as the template.

I just cannot get it to import/preserve the payment, from and to dates, in the csv they are in the format 1/11/2012 etc, but it always defaults to 30-11--0001 To 30-11--0001

Also, Akeeba did not store the country as the full name, but just as the 2 letter abbreviation like SG for singapore, is there any way around that?

Everything else seems to be importing ok.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #62874 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hi

1=> For the date, it needs to be in YYYY-DD-MM format. So you are having data in wrong format, please correct it.

2=> For country name instead of country code, please complete the import. After that, please submit a support ticket. We will look at it and then write a small script to convert the data for you

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 8 months ago #65244 by Tony Partridge
Replied by Tony Partridge on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hello,

Do all fields need to be added?

For example, importing existing users to associate with a new plan. Should we have the password column? if so can it be blank? or should it contain encrypted passwords and so on?

Thanks
Tony

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 8 months ago #65253 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Tony

No, not all fields are required. Just leave the fields you don't have data empty and it should be OK

For existing users, you don't need to have data for password column at all. Just has his username and Membership Pro will assign the subscription record to his existing account. It won't create a new account, won't update password...

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 8 months ago #65254 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Also, from version 2.0.x, you can get the csv import template by going to Membership pro -> Subscriptions -> CSV Import Template

The system will generate the csv file contains necessary column based on the custom fields you setup in the system. You don't need to use the csv file which you found in the first post of this thread

Tuan