New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #37800 by Alison
This is great, thank you

What is the name of the 'Membership ID' field??
I tried membership_id and it returned a blank

Sorry, i got this to work ok, sorry for my mistake

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Alison. Reason: user error

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #37971 by Wendell Payne
Replied by Wendell Payne on topic Re: New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
does this apply for the Joomla 3.1 version of Membership Pro?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 5 months ago #37997 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file

Wendell Payne wrote: does this apply for the Joomla 3.1 version of Membership Pro?

Yes, it does !

Tuan

More
10 years 4 months ago #39068 by Gert
Hi,
for our purposes we need like 20 custom fields for each member, which I just created, and I'd like to import the existing members.

Is it possible to import all custom fields, too?

If the answer is "no", would it then be possible to write directly into the database via JDBC?

Thank you very much for some guidance.

More
10 years 4 months ago #39069 by Scott Sims
Replied by Scott Sims on topic Re: New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
We ended up moving to CiviCRM. I think what many people want is an actual Membership Management system, not just simple details. 20 Custom fields is something you really need a CRM system for.

More
10 years 2 months ago #41468 by David Smith
Replied by David Smith on topic Re: New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Over the weekend I purchased the Membership Pro extension. It has worked very well so far! I do have a question about importing. When the member list is imported will it automatically send out a notification to the new members? We are developing the site at the moment and don't want the notifications to go out. Is there a way to turn the notifications on and off? If we can prevent the notifications during development we would also like to then send the notifications when we go live.

Also for the custom field with a checkbox list how should the data look in the csv?

More
10 years 1 month ago #41769 by Ruben
Hi,
I m having some issues when I try to export and import subscribers

these are the subscribers I wanna export

this is my cvs file
Code:
Plan,"Username","First Name","Last Name","Email","Subscription Start Date","Subscription End Date","Status","Discount Amount","Tax Amount","Gross Amount","Payment method","Transaction ID" Party Girl Video Tutorial,"user_test","user","test","user_test@zoricascakeart.com","02-15-2014","03-17-2014","Active","0","0","25","Paypal","3DC64525A3888083B" Party Girl Video Tutorial,"new_user","new","user","new_user@zoricascakeart.com","02-15-2014","03-17-2014","Active","0","0","25","Paypal","0DB112941E1057228"

and this is the result when I import them back

Attachments:

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #41770 by Ruben
edit: multi post :unsure:
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Ruben.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #41771 by Ruben
edit: multi post :unsure:
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Ruben.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #46484 by channing meyer
Replied by channing meyer on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hi:

Just and FYI. I just imported subscribers and YES, it will email out to all the subscribers. So the best thing to do is ensure that the Joomla plugin "User" is set to not send notifications until after the import and testing. Tuan just reminded me of this.

Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by channing meyer. Reason: Corrected the info so hopefully others will be able to use.