New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 9 months ago #46488 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hi Meyer

If you don't want the system sending email to users :

1. Go to Extensions -> Plugins manager, find the plugin User - Joomla. Click on it to Edit.

2 Set the param Notification Mails to Users to No

3. Run the import

4. After running the import, set the parameter which you set in #2 to Yes (so that users created by admin from back-end will receive notification email)

I will try to update the documentation ASAP, maybe next week. It was written for old version of Membership Pro and it's time to get it updated

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #48867 by moldygrrl
Replied by moldygrrl on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
I want to import users from an old CBSubs membership plugin system. I am using CB with Membership Pro. Need guidance on how to do this correctly.

Do I create the exact same custom membership fields before importing data thru Membership Pro? NOTE: These all had cb_ at start of the fieldname, per the old system. Should I (can I) change these names,perhaps AFTER the import?

Do I create these fields in Membership Pro or as custom fields in Community Builder?

Is there any way to import all the fields and data without creating each custom field first?

I have attached example of export of the current member info/fields, that I exported using CBJuice -- it shows fake data for one member. I renamed extension from csv to txt to get it to upload.

I am just confused on where to setup the custom fields and the steps to take.

thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by moldygrrl. Reason: upload csv file with txt extension

More
9 years 7 months ago #48939 by Ian Dalkin
Replied by Ian Dalkin on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
This is a great site for generating test data: www.mockaroo.com/

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #49050 by Ari
I don't know if this is the best solution or not, but I have imported data into cb fields by:
1) make the custom fields in community builder
2) make corresponding fields in membership pro and map each to its corresponding community builder field
3) import the data via csv into the membership pro custom fields

So far this has mostly worked for me. I'm not sure about matching other data types, but the text fields worked just fine for me. However, the checkboxes did not. I do have a question in the forum about mapping checkbox data-types -- awaiting Tuan's answer.
Hope this helps,
Ari
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Ari.

More
9 years 7 months ago #49062 by moldygrrl
Replied by moldygrrl on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Thanks for the response; this is the procedure I was going to follow but I wanted to get some more direction from Tuan if possible to import these fields correctly.

Only question I would have for your process is: Do I import the data to Membership Pro or to CB? I was thinking CB, but wondering how to get Membership Pro to recognize it (thru the mapping, I guess). If mapped correctly, then when a user changes their plan it would update in the CB profile?

More
9 years 7 months ago #49088 by Ari
I don't know how it would work importing through CB (like using Juice) because I haven't tried it. I do know that the membership pro route worked fine for me (except for the checkboxes).

More
9 years 7 months ago #49197 by Bill Van Vlack
Replied by Bill Van Vlack on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
From the first post:

+ username : Username of the subscriber. If this username exists in your system, the subscription record will be assigned to this user account. If this username doesn't exist, the system will create a new account for this subscriber. You can leave this field empty and no account will be created.

Here is my csv (some fields left off for security)

"plan","username","password","membership_id","first_name","last_name"
"OC Member 2 Yr","stephena","928OwnersClub",2606,"Stephen","Adams"

The is not an existing Joomla user, but no user new account is created in Joomla. The subscriber is created in Membership Pro.

Need help ASAP, we are trying to bring this up live tomorrow.

Thanks!

More
9 years 7 months ago #49214 by Ari
Could it be an issue of which plugins you have enabled (or do not have enabled)?
I don't know if this will help, but here's my list of membership pro plugins
Ari

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Van Vlack

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #49222 by Bill Van Vlack
Replied by Bill Van Vlack on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Here's my list. I don't see any that I might need, or might interfere, but what do I know?
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Bill Van Vlack.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 7 months ago #49227 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature: Import Subscribers from CSV file
Hi Derrick

Could you please email me a sample csv file ? From the list of field you sent here, I don't see the email field ? Without email field (unique email for each subscriber), the system could not create a new account for the user. Maybe that's the reason of the error ?

Tuan