Go Cardless Plugin

• David Wilkinson
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #77223 by David Wilkinson
Go Cardless Plugin was created by David Wilkinson
Hi,
Is it possible to have the Go Cardless plugin work with the other plugins with recurring payment? At the moment it only appears to display with recurring payments on No. Unfortunately I need to offer people the ability to pay by card, direct debit and invoice for the same subscription.
Regards

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #77259 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Go Cardless Plugin
Hi David

Unfortunately, it is hard to introduce support for recurring payment, so if you decide to use Go Cardless , you can only accept one time subscription only

Right now, we only have the following payment plugins support recurring subscription :

1. PayPal

2. PayPal Pro

3. Authorize.net

4. Stripe

We will soon has 2Checkout payment plugin support recurring payment, too

So if you cannot use Go Cardless payment plugin because it doesn't support recurring payment, please let me know and I will refund the money of your purchase

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Wilkinson

• David Wilkinson
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #77664 by David Wilkinson
Replied by David Wilkinson on topic Go Cardless Plugin
Hi Tuan,
Ok thanks. Yes if you can do a refund that would be good. Many thanks.

David

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #77675 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Go Cardless Plugin

David Wilkinson wrote: Hi,
Is it possible to have the Go Cardless plugin work with the other plugins with recurring payment? At the moment it only appears to display with recurring payments on No. Unfortunately I need to offer people the ability to pay by card, direct debit and invoice for the same subscription.
Regards
David

You're in the same boat as me, whereby 75%+ of my subscriptions will want to be paid for by Direct Debit but 'Recurring' and I'm willing to pay the dev cost to take the current One-time GoCardless payment plugin and for it to be dev'd in to the 'Recurring' version.

By having an external non OS Solutions dev do this, everytime Tuan and his team update MembershipPro, I would imagine that I'd have to get the same or other 3rd party dev's to make the required tweaks to the payment plugin each and every time and then this becomes costly.

However I DESPERATELY need recurring direct debit grrrr, I'm actually gutted at this time.

TUAN,

If there was a number of your paid members here, who want GoCardless 'Recurring' but are willing to lump together to pay your dev costs for it but keep it WITHIN the OS Solution / Joomdonation landscape, so making future updates easier etc... would you consider this please at all?

If not, you say above to David it's quite difficult to turn the GoCardless one-time direct debit plugin as it is, in to the 'Recurring' element... can you expand upon this please, as surely it would help us know what to tell any 3rd party dev's; should that be my / others last chance saloon - which I sincerely hope it won't be, there must be something we can all do together here?

I look forward to hearing from you both in due course.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #77694 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

David Wilkinson wrote: Hi Tuan,
Ok thanks. Yes if you can do a refund that would be good. Many thanks.

David

Hi David

Please send an email to tuanpn@joomdonation.com, let me know PayPal transaction id of your purchase and I will process the refund

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #77695 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@PhoenixUK: All the payment plugin function/code should be within the payment plugin itself. There is no need for altering Membership Pro core code, so if you have a proper develop to take this development, you don't have to worry about this upgrade

I understand your need of recurring payment. However, for now, I want to focus my time to improving the product rather than working on payment plugin like this (you know, only few customers need this payment plugin), so most other customers need have higher priority for me

I am still trying my best to add support for recurring payment for other payment plugins, the next one will be 2Checkout. However, as I said, developing Membership pro (so most customers will get benefit from it) takes higher priority than developing individual payment plugin

Hope you understand

If you can find a developer, I will be happy to assist him as much as I can with the development

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #77901 by PhoenixUK

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: @PhoenixUK: All the payment plugin function/code should be within the payment plugin itself. There is no need for altering Membership Pro core code, so if you have a proper develop to take this development, you don't have to worry about this upgrade

I understand your need of recurring payment. However, for now, I want to focus my time to improving the product rather than working on payment plugin like this (you know, only few customers need this payment plugin), so most other customers need have higher priority for me

I am still trying my best to add support for recurring payment for other payment plugins, the next one will be 2Checkout. However, as I said, developing Membership pro (so most customers will get benefit from it) takes higher priority than developing individual payment plugin

Hope you understand

If you can find a developer, I will be happy to assist him as much as I can with the development

Regards,

Tuan

Tuan,

Can you recommend any known to you developers in your circle who could dev the two items I need as previously outlined, who are trustworthy, fair on price but most importantly know joomla 3, membership pro and would be able to professionally deal with the required alteration to your current go cardless payment plugin to enable the recurring feature and secondly, to create the tweaking of the membership pro purchase confirmation, that will send copies of the subscription purchase, renewals or cancellations to our external supplier?

Thanks in advance.

More
5 years 9 months ago #114303 by Eoin Feeney
Replied by Eoin Feeney on topic Go Cardless Plugin
I would also like to see this @PhoenixUK did you ever build this?

More
5 years 9 months ago #114306 by PhoenixUK

Eoin Feeney wrote: I would also like to see this @PhoenixUK did you ever build this?

Hi Eoin,

I did indeed pay a developer to create the plugin. However that relationship unfortunately turned sour and I now don't have it updated to the latest GC api version etc, so I cannot currently use it until such a time that I can locate a trustworthy, longer term same dev to carry out the updates that it may need from time to time, as GC release new api features, versions, updates etc.

Regards,

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #114310 by Eoin Feeney
Replied by Eoin Feeney on topic Go Cardless Plugin
Tuan has no interest in making this but he said if I make it I can release it and sell it and can advertise it on the forum. Care to work together? Your code may give a headstart, and if it does and I develop it then you can have free lifetime access. If you're interested please contact me via my contact form squareballoon.co.uk
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Eoin Feeney.