• Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #92410 by channing meyer
Replied by channing meyer on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Hi Folks:

Here is Tuan's answer: Hi Channing
Actually, If I understand your requirement correctly, this feature is already supported . In each subscription plan, there is a setting called Send Third Reminder Email
If you enter a negative value, for example -5, the reminder will be sent 5 days after subscription expired (instead of before as normal reminder emails)
I think you can use this feature?
Tuan

So we all understand the question and the problem.
1. We have monthly and Yearly subscriptions plans.
2. Recurring monthly subscriptions send out a message each month that says Your Subscription is Expiring.
3. We only want the LAST of the twelve monthly payments on recurring plans to say it is expiring.
4. The custom messages for Monthly plans are Reminders only and we do not want to affect the Yearly reminder messages and the dates they go out.

I am not sure your method will work but perhaps you have another idea.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #92412 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails

channing meyer wrote: Hi Folks:

Here is Tuan's answer: Hi Channing
Actually, If I understand your requirement correctly, this feature is already supported . In each subscription plan, there is a setting called Send Third Reminder Email
If you enter a negative value, for example -5, the reminder will be sent 5 days after subscription expired (instead of before as normal reminder emails)
I think you can use this feature?
Tuan

So we all understand the question and the problem.
1. We have monthly and Yearly subscriptions plans.
2. Recurring monthly subscriptions send out a message each month that says Your Subscription is Expiring.
3. We only want the LAST of the twelve monthly payments on recurring plans to say it is expiring.
4. The custom messages for Monthly plans are Reminders only and we do not want to affect the Yearly reminder messages and the dates they go out.

I am not sure your method will work but perhaps you have another idea.
Thank you

Channing,

I've raised a support ticket directly with Tuan and he's looking into this. However, it does seem that there does indeed need to be an extra notification option to take in to account recurring subscriptions, that aren't strictly ending and simply having their next subscription charge raised.

Tuan,

I'm wondering, in my case you may recall that I currently have 12, 24 and 36 month subscription plans that are charged monthly but set to Subscription Length = 1 Month and then Number of Payments 12 (for the 12 month one in this example) but I wonder if the issue of this thread would be solved, If I changed Subscription Length to 12 months and keep Number of Payments 12?

This would surely then mean the Expiry emails of say 30 days, 10 days and 5 days after expiry would be tied to the very last month of the above 12 month example - yet during each of the other 11 monthly payments, a recurring payment is taken and relevant invoice / email notice only, sent to the customer?

I'm sure I've checked this a long time ago with you and the way I have it setup is correct but I'm second guessing it all now and I'm not sure, hence seeking your new clarification here please.

Regards,
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by PhoenixUK.

More
7 years 2 months ago #93376 by PhoenixUK
Hi Tuan,

Any forward momentum on this problem at all Tuan, as it's posing a MASSIVE issue for my plans and stops me from launching the business? :(

Regards,

More
7 years 2 months ago #93651 by PhoenixUK
TUAN?????????????????????????????????????????????????

More
7 years 2 months ago #93761 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Sorry but I still haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Just come back from Lunar New Year holiday and need to clear the support queue first

I will try to look at this next week and give you final answer whether we can implement it and If Yes, when it will be available

Tuan

More
7 years 2 months ago #93768 by PhoenixUK

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Sorry but I still haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Just come back from Lunar New Year holiday and need to clear the support queue first

I will try to look at this next week and give you final answer whether we can implement it and If Yes, when it will be available

Tuan

Tuan,

Thanks for coming back about it, wasn't aware of it being a holiday for you guys over there.

It definitely does need something to be found to create a resolution for it, as there just seems to be no other current in-built way around it... I've wracked my brains, looked dozens of times at the many settings and short of just disabling the expiration emails, for those of us who use monthly recurring subscriptions and monthly payments but this would defeat the other object entirely.

I sincerely hope that you can come up with a solution, or my whole website, business and MemberShip Pro use is going to fall to it's knees and that sincerely concerns me hugely right now. :(

I look forward to hearing from you next week and hope you enjoyed a good Lunar New Year Holiday.

Regards,

More
7 years 2 months ago #93982 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Hello

I looked at your posts again today and realized that at the moment, it is difficult to have the system works like that (Membership Pro was not prepared for handling this case when I first developed the extension)

I am thinking about a workaround for this problem

1. Don't send first and second reminder email for these plans, only send third reminder email

2. Set send third reminder email to a negative value, like -5. If we do that, the system will send the reminder email after subscription is expired (at the end of recurring duration, only after the last payment in this case)

I am sorry but that's only workaround for now :(

Tuan

More
7 years 2 months ago #94087 by PhoenixUK
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for taking the time to try and find a way around, let's keep this communication going until both sides are as one with a way forward. :)

I shall answer the various points to your reply separately below, for ease of following for us and any others reading this topic.

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hello

I looked at your posts again today and realized that at the moment, it is difficult to have the system works like that (Membership Pro was not prepared for handling this case when I first developed the extension)

I am thinking about a workaround for this problem

I can appreciate totally, that there will be certain elements that used to fit with various use cases from the outset and you already do a wonderful job for most subscribers of this component, incorporating new and modern features etc.

However, it cannot be understated that anything related to the payment / invoicing side, is an incredibly important part of getting customer service, 'Right'. :)

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: 1. Don't send first and second reminder email for these plans, only send third reminder email

I don't think it is the 'Reminder' emails that are the only issue here for recurring subscription plans, it will still need these to be sent even in a recurring say monthly plan, as mine is set to but respecting the actual plan TOTAL length selected, sending these 3 reminders to specific plans 'Renewal' days ONLY, as set.

Currently, I'm getting "Your Subscription for [PLAN_TITLE] plan will expire in [NUMBER_DAYS] days." each and every single month in my 12 month plan and this skews everything, more so for the end user - when it should only be sending them in the 12th month, when their 12 month plan, is in the last month and needs renewing.

Hence, if these messages are ONLY sent in the last payment collection period, that would be a really good start indeed.

Configuration > Emails & Messages >Recurring Subscription Messages:

Is ONLY about Cancellation messages at present. where I firmly believe that a new addition in to this recurring message section is definitely required, to make smooth transitional sense and complete this section.

Something along the lines of "We've Delivered Your Order" would be the icing on the cake here, this is then tied to the recurring subscription plans start date and if the plan is set for per month for e.g. - then this message would be sent on the first day of the new subscription month, each and every month until the plans length last collection period?

This would then enable the recurring plans invoice still to be sent BUT most importantly, NOT hint at any kind of 'Expiry' or 'Renewal' during the vast majority over the course of a plan, or over charging collection, as is currently happening.

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: 2. Set send third reminder email to a negative value, like -5. If we do that, the system will send the reminder email after subscription is expired (at the end of recurring duration, only after the last payment in this case)

Unfortunately, I don't see the benefit of this work around, as the use-case issue put forward by Channing and I earlier in this thread doesn't really get resolved with this option.

I look forward to your further thoughts as always Tuan, but it seems for Recurring Subscription Plans and to bring MPro in to line with MANY businesses now going the SaaS / Recurring Subscription route, the points in #1 above really do need to be integrated?

Regards,

More
7 years 2 months ago #94293 by PhoenixUK
Nudge Nudge to the last email above Tuan ;)

• channing meyer
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #94306 by channing meyer
Replied by channing meyer on topic Monthly recurring expiration emails
Hello:
We believe this would be a very god feature and encourage you consider adding this.

Thank you.