Unique Plans query

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #102780 by intouchweb
Unique Plans query was created by intouchweb
We have a set of subscription plans that are 'unique' meaning you can only be on Plan A or Plan B etc, so can NOT be on more than one plan at the same time. I recall their was a setting somewhere to indicate 'unique plans' but I cannot find it, can anyone help please?
Secondly a question on this...
If a person is on Plan A which is due to expire at the end of this year and an administrator moves them onto Plan B manually in the backend (making Plan B current and expiring Plan A), would the person still receive a renewal notice for Plan A as it is now expired, or at the end of the year?
Is it necessary in this case to delete Plan A altogether OR does the 'unique plan' config cover this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #102809 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Unique Plans query
Hi Mark

1. Create a category, set Exclusive Plans parameter to Yes
2. Assign the plan A, Plan B... into that category

And it will work as expected

When you change plan and mark the original subscription expired, reminders won't be sent anymore

Tuan

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 6 months ago #118255 by intouchweb
Replied by intouchweb on topic Unique Plans query
Tuan, I have just noticed that a member who has upgraded (from one to another exclusive plan) he is still seeing a renewal prompt in the backend for the expired plan. See screen shot example, this member is on a current lifetime plan but is being asked to renew his old plan? screenshots.firefox.com/0lnDbZBQ8W0FMTcs...minesurveyors.com.au

I am also wondering whether the old plan should even be shown on the 'My Membership' tab, I think that tab should only show the current plan shouldn't it?

More
5 years 6 months ago #118262 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

1. I'm not sure how users upgraded. If they choose upgrade option and then process upgrade, the renew option should not be displayed or that plan anymore

2. That tab will show both expired and active plans

Tuan

More
5 years 6 months ago #118339 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic Unique Plans query
I have raised a support ticket on this topic. I agree that if a member has an active subscription in an exclusive category then no further joins or RENEWS should be allowed for plans in that category. At present RENEWS are incorrectly permitted. The processing for joining new plans is correct.

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #118377 by intouchweb
Thanks Alan, yes you are correct, plans in an exclusive category should not allow or offer ANY renewal of ANY other expired plans in the same category for any reason... Tuan in my example the user was upgraded in the backend by an admin (to answer your point 1) so that may help you track down and rectify this issue. Can you please acknowledge this is a bug. Let me know if you also want me to log a ticket for my case as it is very important (I don't want anyone to renew an expired exclusive plan when they have been given a lifetime upgrade!)
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by intouchweb.

More
5 years 6 months ago #118379 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic Unique Plans query
I have raised a ticket and Tuan is in middle of fixing the issue. There is a partial fix which I have tested successfully. Tuan hopes to resolve the remaining items in the next few days.

Watch this space.

Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: intouchweb

More
5 years 6 months ago #118380 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. Working on the fix. I will update Alan when it's completed so that he can test it. If it's working as expected, we can include it in next release of the extension

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: intouchweb

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #120052 by intouchweb
Wondering if this issue was fixed?

More
5 years 4 months ago #120055 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

I believe it was fixed. So please update your site to latest version of the extension, then check it again

Tuan