Multiple subscriptions of same plan?

More
6 years 3 months ago #107826 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Multiple subscriptions of same plan?
Hello MarMer

This will require many changes to the extension to support this, so to be honest, I won't have it implemented very soon. There are still other features I want to work on first. Hope we can get it implemented within 6 months (or sooner if I can)

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #112584 by Vaconi
Replied by Vaconi on topic Multiple subscriptions of same plan?
This was just the thing I was waiting for too...

Could I ask, Tuan, is development of this feature already underway? Do you have an idea of time needed for this? I am asking because I could solve my issue with a workaround, but I would gladly wait if this feature is just around the corner.

Perhaps I should add what I'm trying to do to "work around" this problem...

As I am selling webdevelopment and hosting, I have customers returning for multiple sites. My hosting plans they require are sometimes the same ones.

I simply add a second subscription for the same plan for that user manually and (in my case) add the domain name to the transaction ID of the payment information. This way I can differentiate the subscriptions they can renew from that time on...

I've just begun to work this way and have not tested it completely (just trying out this with a customer that is well aware of the situation). I'll let you know if it works out.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Vaconi.

More
5 years 11 months ago #112592 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Vaconi

To be honest, this one is not being developed yet. It's quite hard to implement this change in a back ward compatible way (or I haven't spent enough time to work on it yet)

This feature, will be supported in the future. But to be honest, I don't think I can have it ready before the end of this year

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vaconi

More
5 years 10 months ago #114188 by Joel Shapcott
Replied by Joel Shapcott on topic Multiple subscriptions of same plan?
We have digital signage subscriptions, where the model is based on a per screen basis. We have a client that has 16 screens (all the same subscription) and need this functionality. I thought i read somewhere that this software could do it. Now it seems not the case. If so can we arrange a refund please?

More
5 years 10 months ago #114199 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Joel

Could you please explain more details about how you expect it to work? If Membership Pro cannot be used to handle the requirement, then Yes, I will process refund

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 years 8 months ago #116408 by Vaconi
Replied by Vaconi on topic Multiple subscriptions of same plan?
Hi Tuan,

I am playing around a bit with Membership Pro and I found that I could manually add a duplicate plan subscription for the same user.

I simply added an element to the os_membership_subscriptions table in the database copying nearly every information of the first subscription for a plan (see attachment)

I suppose this is not a good idea to perform on an operational site? Or my question should be... What is it exactly that prevents a second subscription of a plan for the same user?

Kind regards,
Attachments:

More
5 years 8 months ago #116409 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Vaconi

The reason is because the way Membership Pro works. When users renew his subscription, if that user has multiple subscriptions of same plan, we don't have a way to allow him to choose what plan to renew the subscription

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 years 8 months ago #116410 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
So at the moment, by it's design, Membership Pro could not handle the use-case one user has multiple subscriptions of the same plan

Tuan

More
5 years 5 months ago #119469 by Pavel Poles
Replied by Pavel Poles on topic Multiple subscriptions of same plan?
Hey guys,

depending of what you expect from multiple subscription, I found solution which work in my case.

As in my case, I needed something like lifetime subscription, I created subscription with 0 days validity. This could be purchased (renewed) again and again. Moreover, I created my own subscription plugin (or you can use PHP plugin which is part of basic installation), which stores in database information for my specific product.

Maybe this could help someone...

Pavel

More
4 years 11 months ago #124683 by Hady Kamal
Replied by Hady Kamal on topic Multiple subscriptions of same plan?
Hi,

Is this feature available now or any plan to work on this feature request? Seems very important and basic feature any subscription system will require.