Group managment questions

• Ian Penning
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #114437 by Ian Penning
Group managment questions was created by Ian Penning
We've installed Membership Pro as part of a client site we're developing. For our purposes we're really just using it to allow a number of organisations to connect to the site, with one person from each organisation (a group admin) being responsible for authorising or adding other users (subscribers) from their own organisation. Subscriptions are being managed outside the system at present, so we're using the Free Subscription setting set to Pending so that only authorised users can be granted access by group admins.

I've spent several days trying to configure the group features of membership pro, but still have some issues that I'm unable to resolve.

First, when a new subscriber submits a subscription request, I can see it in the administration portal, but they do not appear to be associated with the membership group for the subscription - this means that the group admin can't see and approve the pending subscription request and approve it using the Manage Group Members menu item. If the group admin created the subscription the subscriber is associated with their group correctly and everything is fine - am I missing something?

Secondly, the Manage Group Members menu item seems to display just two columns; Plan and Created Date, so there is no way for the group admin to know which member they are editing - again, is there a setting that I'm missing?

Any help on the above would be much appreciated.

Ian Penning
Tusmor Ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #114441 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Group managment questions
Hi Ian

1. There is no way for subscribers to request to join the group. Only group admin can add members to their own group

2. For the fields you want to show on that page, please go to Membership Pro -> Custom Fields, click on the field you want to show to edit, set Show on members list parameter to Yes and it will be shown

Regards,

Tuan

• Ian Penning
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #114443 by Ian Penning
Replied by Ian Penning on topic Group managment questions
That's great Tuan, thanks for your prompt help - we can live without the self-registration feature.

Many Thanks

Ian

More
5 years 9 months ago #114444 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's great. Mean the feature can be used to handle your requirements :)

Tuan

• Ian Penning
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #114518 by Ian Penning
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for your previous help. I have some further questions I wonder if you could help with:

1. I tried using the 'Set Group Admin' button on the Group Members page, but the group member just disappeared completely from the list and I had to recreate the whole group including the Admin in the end - I noticed a forum post from earlier in the year saying this feature wasn't yet available - is this still the case, or am I using the button wrong?

2. You explained that new group members have to be added by the Admin which is fine. However, I wondered how the group Admin should then be added? At the moment I can create an Admin by using the menu item 'Plans List Default Layout', but don't want to leave that available for users if they can't join a group that way. The options I'm currently considering are to find a way to hide that menu, or just display it when we need to add an Admin, then hide it afterwards, but neither seems brilliant, so wondered if you could advise on a better solution.?

3. At the moment I can only see a way for the group Admin to edit or add a new subscriber - I can't see a way for them to delete one - again, am I just missing something?

Once again, many thanks for all your help.

Best Wishes

Ian

More
5 years 9 months ago #114520 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ian

1. Set Group Admin button should set the select group member become admin of that group. The previous group admin of the group should now become group member. If it doesn't work like that, I would say it's a bug and need to be fixed

2. If someone want to be admin of a group, he need to have a subscription of a plan which has group membership enabled:

- So he must sign up for that plan
- Or admin can go to Membership Pro -> Subscriptions, press new button in the toolbar to add a subscription record for him for that plan

3. Group admin, when access to group members page, should see delete icon next to each group member to allow him to click on to delete group member

Tuan

• Ian Penning
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #114525 by Ian Penning
Hi Tuan,

Thanks once again for the speedy reply!

1. After a bit of experimenting I've found that Set Group Admin seems to work partially - the old admin becomes a member of the group belonging to the member set as Admin, however the Joomla user groups don't get set correctly - so the old Admin still appears to have access to the subscription admin group although I do get an error if I try to use 'Manage Group Members', while the member who is now an Admin doesn't get access to the Joomla admin group, although I can set this manually, so can work round it for now.

2. Thanks - adding them using Membership Pro -> Subscriptions works and seems to be my best bet

3. Okay, I wasn't seeing the buttons, but have discovered that this was due to a bootstrap problem - I'm using a style built in the T3 Bootstrap 3 theme and had set 'Load twitter bootstrap css in the front-end' to No as it was causing problems with my menu layout when I navigated to Membership Pro. All I had to do to fix it was set 'Legacy Compatible' to On for the T3 style which apparently enables some styles for BS2 and Font Awesome 3, and everything is now fine!

Once again, thanks very much for all your help - great product and swift support!

Thanks

Ian

More
5 years 9 months ago #114537 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ian

1=> Yes, I can confirm the issue. I will find a way to address it in the next release

3=> As your site template is built base on twitter bootstrap version 3, you should go to Membership Pro -> Configuration:
- Set Load twitter bootstrap css in the front-end config option to No
- Set Twitter Bootstrap Version to Twitter Bootstrap version 3

After that, Membership Pro will use twitter bootstrap version 3 css classes in the output and it should work as expected.

Regards,

Tuan

• Ian Penning
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #114555 by Ian Penning
Cool , that's great Tuan. I seem to be at a point where everything is working in the way I need it to for the site.

Once again, many thanks for your rapid responses to my support questions - much appreciated.

Many thanks

Ian

More
5 years 9 months ago #114557 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ian

Could you please get this file, unzip it, upload to it to administrator/components/com_osmembership/controller folder on your site, then check it again. The issue #1 (related to changing group admin which I said will be fixed in next release) should work as expected

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments: