Image Field

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #114452 by Ernie
Image Field was created by Ernie
I'm using the Avatar field setting in Configuration for registrants to upload their logos to the website at registration. Only Corporate members get this privilege, but because the field is in the configuration, it applies to all the member levels.

I tried using "File" field type, but that just shows a file name on the profile - not the image (of course, I didn't expect that it would).

I suppose that along with this, it would be necessary to create some means for formatting a layout for profiles or subscriber lists, so maybe there's more to this than just making the field available.

By the way, once a logo is added to a subscriber profile, there does not seem to be a way to remove it. If I turn off the Avatar in Configuration, the image still appears on the subscriber lists.

Thank you,
Ernie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #114464 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Image Field
Hi Ernie

What you wanted, I am afraid of, not possible. The reason is because at the time users sign up, we don't know their group, so we could not know whether they will allow them to upload avatar or not

So in your case, I guess you will have to customize the code. The avatar won't be uploaded in subscription form but only on user profile page (because on user profile, you should know the user groups the user belong to already)

Anyway, it could not be handled out of the box, so you will need to customize the code

Tuan

• Ernie
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #114485 by Ernie
Replied by Ernie on topic Image Field
This isn't really any different from any other field, it's just a field type.

The user sign up page is a result of selecting a plan, so the form displayed should show the fields that are valid for that plan. I know the code does not support that now, but there could be some ability to select which fields display for each plan subscription, as well as a means to configure the layout of those pages.

Nonetheless, there should be a way to remove the Avatar when editing the Subscriber information.

I'm in no position to customize the code. I'm just making sure I'm not missing anything the can be done.

Thank you,
Ernie

More
5 years 10 months ago #114496 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Image Field
Hi Ernie

I am sorry. I mis-understood your question. You can create File upload custom field type to allow users to upload image. However, the field will only be uploaded and name of the field will be stored. When displaying, it won't be displayed as an image, so it might not work OK

For removing the avatar, Yes, users should be allowed to remove the avatar. I will implement it in the next release of the extension (very soon)

Regards,

Tuan