• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #115330 by Chris Jarvis
Custom Fields when renewing on same plan was created by Chris Jarvis
Hello.
I use the Custom Fields a lot for our members profile as it is really powerful and helps me keep data against each member for a long time.
I have noticed that if someone upgrades to a different subscription through the front end of the website, all their custom field data is kept and syncronished to all their records to keep their history - which is really good and helps us so much.

If they renew the same subscription only, then the custom field data we have gets wiped and cleared out and we lose it. Does anyone else have this happen or know of a way to stop it emptying the data only when they renew the same subscription please?

It also happens if we renew a member on the same subscription plan in the backend - when we click the renew button, the new record loses the custom field data that was in there. I have worked out that if you click their previous record first after renewing it and click save to close this, the data gets saved onto the new record as well but not if you click straight to the newly created subscription. It is empty.

Any help or tips would be really good thanks as our members and us love all the information we can store for them with the custom fields.

Thank you

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago #115343 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom Fields when renewing on same plan
Hi Chris

Custom fields data should not be lost when you renew one subscription record. Maybe there is something special causing the issue. Please submit a support ticket sending us:

1. Super admin account

2. Tell us step by step what we need to do to see the error

3. Tell us the data was lost when renew subscription

I will check to see why it happens and get it corrected

Tuan

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #115633 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Custom Fields when renewing on same plan
Thanks for looking at this Tuan

The data was clearing out because I had set Hide on Renewal to Yes - which makes sense.

By setting it to No. Some custom fields which I don't want changing in the Profile become editable at renewal or upgrade so I am thinking I maybe can't use Custom fields for showing data to members.

By setting Edit On profile to No - means members cannot change the data in a Custom Field on their profile but if they renew or upgrade a plan then this data does become editable again I think.

I am still trying to workout how to get the best fit for my website but thought I would update the forum after Tuan was kind enough to look at things on my support ticket.

Thanks again Tuan

Chris