Edit On Profile when upgrading a subscription

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #115331 by Chris Jarvis
Edit On Profile when upgrading a subscription was created by Chris Jarvis
I'm sorry if I am missing a setting in the backend but I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I display a number of custom fields to our members when they login for their profile.
It is really good because they can see their information we have and update some fields for us that we need but also only view certain data we don't want them to change.
I manage this using the Show on Profile and Can Edit on Profile and Hide on membership renewal settings against each field and it works really well.
I can't seem to figure out though how to do the same thing when a person upgrades their membership to a different one.
I have selected Yes for Hide on Membership renewal so that when they process this, the custom fields I don't want changing are hidden.
If they choose Upgrade to another subscription then the fields are there and editable.
I'd love to figure out how to keep these locked and stored too please
Thanks as always

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #115344 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Edit On Profile when upgrading a subscription
I read this topic but could not understand what's the issue or how you want it to work. Could you please explain more details. maybe including some screenshot so that I can understand your issue better and find a solution

Tuan

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #115595 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Edit On Profile when upgrading a subscription
Thanks Tuan
Sorry I took a while to come back to this.
Our members can see their profile when logged in and some fields can be edited and some cannot. This works really well thank you.
(Attachment - membership_custom_fields_on_profile_00)

When our members subscription expire they can either renew the same plan or upgrade to another different one.
After logging in our Members see the options below depending on their last plan (renew or upgrade)
(attachment - membership_custom_fields_on_profile_01)

If members choose to renew, they do not see the custom fields and cannot edit them due to the settings listed in the early forum entry above

If they choose upgrade instead then the custom fields show and can be edited.
(attachment - membership_custom_fields_on_profile_02)

I am trying to figure out the settings so that custom fields for Upgrading plans looks like renewing fields too please.

Thanks

Chris

Attachments:

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #115634 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Edit On Profile when upgrading a subscription
Hi Tuan

I think this topic is covered by the same issue as the Edit on Profile Yes/No and the Renewing Plan custom fields settings you have answered me already in another topic.

Thanks again for explaining how it works and what is happening.

If Edit on Profile = No - This means any data in a custom field cannot be changed by the member at the time they view their profile only but data can be changed by them when they renew or upgrade their plan.

If I set any custom field to Hide on Renewal = Yes then the data in that field will be lost when they renew.

I am trying to figure out how I can have data in Custom Fields that can be seen by Members but not changed anywhere by them at all. Not changing it on the Profile is good but only if they cannot change the same thing on another page.

Thanks for explaining what happens and thought I would update the topic for other readers.

I have posted a feature request to have an Edit on Renew/Upgrade = Yes/No setting added to the Custom Fields.
If anyone else might feel locking the data in these fields is a good future request you can add thoughts here: www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...elds-in-profile.html

Thanks as always

Chris