Group Membership

More
5 years 6 months ago #118096 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Group Membership
Hi Jon

Great to hear that it's working fine now. For the selection, it's rendered by Joomla core, so I am unsure if it could be changed

But I will check it, hopefully, we can have a solution

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #124092 by Bharat Patel
Replied by Bharat Patel on topic Group Membership
I’m unclear on how this problem was solved.
I don’t want the Group Admin to be able to browse/see details of other users, big issue with GDPR etc, so I have made the following changes as detailed above:-

- Enable Select Existing User config option to NO
- Field Manager: Set the Populate Data From Group Admin to YES (Done for every field appearing on the form)
- I have also cleared the cache just in case.

When I try to add a New Member with an existing user details, I still get the error "email is used by a different user..."

The password and retype password fields are not pre-populated, set as REQUIRED, I assume they would be ignored automatically
I cannot add the user even if I enter the actual password of the user, the email used error still prevents me from adding that user.

What I expected to happen is that if I enter the email, it will populate all the other fields (This works fine) and ignore the password/populate it as hashed text and add the user.

Is there anything else I should have done?

More
5 years 1 week ago #124093 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Bharat

Unfortunately, it won't work like that. If you don't allow selecting existing users, no information will be populated. The system can only populate information of user on the form if you select existing user

If you worry about enable selecting user causing issue, maybe we can edit code to only show minimum information (maybe just username and name) in the users list?

Will that address your concern?

Tuan

More
5 years 1 week ago #124097 by Bharat Patel
Yes I think that might be a good workaround to start with.

I'm not too sure what would work best. emails are the best way to identify and choose the target rather than a name (e.g. Julie might return 50 names and clicking on anyone will reveal details).

Maybe another way of working might be if the user searches for an email ... if found it is displayed and they can select, else it says "Sorry user does not exist"
This requires the Group Admin to know the user first rather than do a random search.

More
5 years 1 week ago #124103 by Rob Smith
Replied by Rob Smith on topic Group Membership
I am also having a problem with this feature.
When I click on the blue icon with a person on it that is next to 'Select User', the page lists all the users but it is not possible to click on any of them. The page also does not have the menus, headers and footers that every page on my site has.
Looking at the url (member-management/assign-members?view=users&layout=modal&tmpl=component&field=user_id) I wonder if it is supposed to be a modal window ? but it is not opening as one. I changed my template back to the original joomla template and this didn't help.

I just want to be able to select users for the group.
I don't mind if its a modal window or not.

Thanks

More
5 years 1 week ago #124108 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ally

There must be some javascript conflict causing that error. For your case, please submit a support ticket sending us:

1. Super admin account
2. Group admin account
3. Link to the manage group members page

We will check to see what's causing the error and get it sorted

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 years 1 week ago #124145 by Rob Smith
Replied by Rob Smith on topic Group Membership
My problem was solved thanks to Tuan who discovered that I had the system plugin jomDefender installed and the option 'Remove White Space' was causing a javascript error. When I turned this option off, the problem was fixed.
Thankyou very much for your quick help and patience.

More
4 years 11 months ago #124363 by Bharat Patel
Hi Tuan,
I'm happy to go with this idea .... whatever is easiest to implement
Can you help with this please

Bharat

More
4 years 11 months ago #124369 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Bharat

Please submit a support ticket so that we can work on this idea. We need you to provide super admin account so that we can work on this modification and upload the modified file to your template

Tuan

More
4 years 11 months ago #124968 by Alicia Gilbert
Replied by Alicia Gilbert on topic Group Membership
Was a solution ever provided for Bharat? I too have an issue with the Privacy Policy (GDPR) Settings and being able to access that much information on any user. Entering an email address that would then be searched for and used to populate data if it was found is a much better solution than exposing so much user data for selection. Also, in order to be truly compliant, each group member needs the ability to accept the privacy policy and newsletter setting for their individual account. When going to the edit profile for a group member, there is no way for them to opt-in and out with their account. This is a must, but can be completed with a custom field, if needed. Will these be implemented for each group member?