Early renewal discounts - how to show it to user?

• Marck Goran Lorencin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #118980 by Marck Goran Lorencin
Early renewal discounts - how to show it to user? was created by Marck Goran Lorencin
When I create a menu item > Memebership Pro > user profile

as user in frontend I “only see”

• renewal options
• upgrade options

BUT

I do not see also "Early renewal discounts" options even though I have set them up for the current plan

How/where can a user see those options? is this a bug in the layout maybe?

Kind regard,
Marck
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Marck Goran Lorencin. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marck Goran Lorencin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119123 by Marck Goran Lorencin
Replied by Marck Goran Lorencin on topic Early renewal discounts - how to show it to user?
bump

More
5 years 5 months ago #119149 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Early renewal discounts - how to show it to user?
Sorry Marck, I missed this question. The system will just display renew options which you setup for the plan. The Early Renew Discounts is using for different purchase, that's give subscribers discount of they renew their subscription earlier (before the current subscription expired)

Hope that answers your question. Please let me know if you still have other questions

Tuan

• Marck Goran Lorencin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119163 by Marck Goran Lorencin
Replied by Marck Goran Lorencin on topic Early renewal discounts - how to show it to user?
Hi Tuan,

So if I want to set this up, to show it to a customer to purchase a subscription with an early discount in frontend, how do I achieve this then?

I have it set up in the backend for a plan of course but how/where can I display/test this in frontend?

More
5 years 5 months ago #119207 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Early renewal discounts - how to show it to user?
Hi

When users want to renew their subscription, he can access to one of the following pages to see renew options and process the renew:

1. User Profile Page

2.Renew Membership Page

On these pages, the system will display list of available renew options and in case there is renewal discount, the discounted price for the renewal will be displayed instead of the standard renewal price

Please check it and let us know if it works as you want

Tuan

• Marck Goran Lorencin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #119212 by Marck Goran Lorencin
Thank you for additional explanation, I understand that the feature actually works ...yet here is the problem, I had to ask several times to notice the obvious because here is how I expected this works

renewal options
- list of options (with shown discount)
renew early for additional discount
- list of additional early renewal discounts

Problem as things are now is I have no idea I am even getting a discount from a regular price if I am a customer, there is never shown for example (save 10eur) next to the renewal options, even though I see this in the backed …or say for early renewal, renew 20 days before expiration to get a 10% off regular renewal …only I as an admin I actually see and am obviously aware of the discounts and by how much

The component as is now already has the functions that work, for renewal and early renewal options already work as intended and all the discount data already stored …what I would hope is to JUST ADD additional info and show those discount values in frontend, to show the user how much of the discount they are getting, you have it in the database and calculated already, so just either add an option to show this in front end or just show this information so things are clear for the user

I assume this should be simple to add and surely a valuable/needed feature …because as things are now if I were a customer I would not really be aware I am getting a discount or an early renewal award unless I would explicitly tell them via email or custom text shown somehow …and even then if user goes to his user profile he sees no mention of any amount of discount shown next to the price shown and unless he knows price and trusts that shown price is actually already a discounted price, you can't really be aware shown price is with a discount (unless an option to show this exist and I am not aware of it maybe)

Sorry for a long reply but I really do love your work and support shown, very professional …so hopefully you will see my suggestion as a positive one :)

Kind regards,
Marck
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Marck Goran Lorencin. Reason: typo

More
5 years 5 months ago #119225 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Marck for your suggestion. Do you have any idea how the discount amount should be displayed?

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marck Goran Lorencin

• Marck Goran Lorencin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119271 by Marck Goran Lorencin
Tuan sure, I will play a bit with it and create a visual mockup or two, can post it here for consideration.

Thank you for giving my suggestion a heads up.

Marck

More
5 years 5 months ago #119287 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Looking forward to seeing it. Thanks Marck

Tuan