PayPal IPN not working

• Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119407 by Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
PayPal IPN not working was created by Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
On Joomla 3.9, membership 2.16 (latest). Paypal IPN is not working, after a subscription is done (and paid), it never changes to active, it stays in pending.

The website is under HTTPS, I have turned on the HTTPS flag in Joomla (some extension do not play nice if HTTPS and this flag off). Tested with production PayPal (no sandbox).

Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #119408 by Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
Replied by Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz on topic PayPal IPN not working
As a comment, after paying and accepting the subscription. I do not see any IPN callback from Paypal in my HTTP(s) log. However, I do get the subscription emails from PayPal (payee and payer). My guess is the IPN URL is built wrongly, where may I see it?

More
5 years 5 months ago #119415 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic PayPal IPN not working
Hi Luis

IPN URL does is not built wrong. I would say that there is something on your server blocks the IPN message and it causes the issue. More information, please see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/troubl...-ipn-troubleshooting

You can access to this page www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-ipns-history , find the IPN message related to your test transaction, check the HTTP code of that message to see what's it and then check it further (For example, if it's 403, then it's blocked)

Tuan