Subscription Upgrade in e-leaning course setting

• Yuri Ichihara
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #120293 by Yuri Ichihara
Hello.
I have two questions:

Question 1) I am developing e-learning courses and I want to use your "Subscription Upgrade" feature, specifically, I want subscribers to be able to upgrade from course 1 to course 2 which should give them an automatic discount and easy registration to the next course through either your plan list page or user profile page. Upon setting up the upgrade feature in this manner, I noticed that subscribers' course 1 get closed out automatically when they upgrade (sign up for) course 2 although course 1's expiration date hasn't reached yet. I would like subscribers to have both(or multiple) courses at the same time by using the upgrade feature. Is it possible to use "upgrade" in this manner ? Or A gets canceled out by upgrading to B? If so, what is the best way for subscribers to sign up for two or more courses in stages and keeping the access to all at the same time?

Question 2) I am using another vendor's e-learning (LMS) system. I need to integrate your system with LMS system in a way that if I create courses/lessons not in articles but inside their course section, subscribers can go to their restricted pages directly from your profile page. I understand that if the courses are being created in articles, you can link these two by going to your plan manager inside "Articles Restrictions Settings" but if they are created outside the article section, they won't get linked, as far as I tried. Courses created in LMS system do have user restriction setting, therefore user restriction is under control, however, the problems I am having are 1) when subscribers go to your "subscription history" page, the link of courses they payed for ([plan_title]) does not connect them to their course, and 2) "My pages" in "Profile" section are blank. How can I best integate these two systems ?

Other than that, your membership management system is excellent.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #120313 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Subscription Upgrade in e-leaning course setting
Hello Yuri

1. Unfortunately. that's how the system is designed to work. When users upgrade from plan A to plan B, the subscription for plan A will be expired. If you don't want that behavior, you will have to customize the code. The method you will have to customize is processUpgradeMembership under components/com_osmembership/helper/subscription.php. Just add a return; command below $row->store(); command (line 676 in current version) and it should be fine

2. That's not supported, unfortunately, as Membership Pro does not know anything about the LMS system. Maybe you can use URLs restriction methods to restrict access to these lessons? It should work well, see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resour...trict-access-to-urls

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.