Limit Access By A Group Number of Seats

• Randy Ruschak
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #121216 by Randy Ruschak
Limit Access By A Group Number of Seats was created by Randy Ruschak
Hey Tuan,

My client wishes to set up a function whereby a company can register "X" number of users but only allow "Y" number of users to be able to access the restricted area of the site at a given time.

Further discussion -

My client offers access by subscription to a software service. So basically, the Joomla website is a 'wrapper' around this software and controls access and enables subscriptions.

They would like to be able to sell a subscription for the software to a company so that the user company might have 3 users but only 2 seats. Meaning 3 approved users would belong to this group but only 2 open connections can exist at the same time for this group. And they would like to base access on the url of the email address (although I do not think the email restriction is really necessary if we can appropriately assign certain users to a group-based subscription process).

Example:
Like for company 'XYZ' having a domain 'XYZ.com' would have users' email addresses of User1@XYZ.com and User2@XYZ.com and User3@XYZ.com. Only User1 and User2 may log in at the same time and User3 would need to wait until one of the logged in users, logs out of the system.

My guess is that MembershipPro does not have this capability. If that is the case, could you recommend the best way to implement this type of function to integrate with MembershipPro. I have a pretty good developer who could modify the access but would like your opinion on the best track.

Thanks,
Randy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #121223 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Limit Access By A Group Number of Seats
Hi Randy

1. In this case, you can use group membership feature to sell subscription for a whole company, see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/advanc...res/group-membership

2. To limit number of logins from same company, I think you would have to write an authentication plugin for Joomla (maybe base on Joomla core existing plugin plugins/authentication/joomla/joomla.php ). I don't have experience with writing authentification plugin but I think that would be the right way

Regards,

Tuan

• Randy Ruschak
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #121530 by Randy Ruschak
Replied by Randy Ruschak on topic Limit Access By A Group Number of Seats
Thanks Tuan,

That's what I was thinking.

Randy

More
5 years 2 months ago #121551 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Limit Access By A Group Number of Seats
OK Randy. Hope you can develop the system to have it works as you want. Good luck

Tuan