Implementing Household/Dual Membership

• Annamarie Hessman
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #121864 by Annamarie Hessman
Implementing Household/Dual Membership was created by Annamarie Hessman
Good morning!

I am almost ready to roll out membership pro for a local chapter site of a national organization and need to incorporate a dual/household membership, that pays for two users.

My ideal workflow for on-line signups and renewals: whoever is subscribing or renewing is prompted with/for the other household name and email address at time of subscription, both can manage their experience on line.

I also would like to know what the best way to import from our national organization's master database is. The master/offline database, which I do not manage but will routinely get an export from, has a row for each member/user and a member id unique to the membership, not the user, and the 'membership type' for the primary user is 'Primary' (same as an individual membership) whereas the second household member's membership type field reads 'Additional'. I can probably develop some scripts to convert files before import as needed, but am hoping this has already been solved by someone else so I won't have to.

I see at least some other people are managing dual/household memberships who may be able to give me some suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Annamarie
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Annamarie Hessman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #121882 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Implementing Household/Dual Membership
Hello Annamarie

1. Maybe use group membership feature to allow subscribing for the whole group (2 users in your case). See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/advanc...res/group-membership

2. For importing subscriptions from your other database, if you find a way to export your members into CSV/Excel file, you can import it into Membership Pro, see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/subscr...t/import-subscribers

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.