Update Card Information

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122218 by Leon Jackson
Update Card Information was created by Leon Jackson
Hi Tuan,

We've been using Membership Pro on our Joomla website. The payments methods we are using are Stripe and Paypal.

We have various subscription plans with recurring memberships.

In recurring subscriptions, if the card of customers is working, their membership is renewed. But in case their card is expired, their subscription revert backs to the free one.

The problem is, users are facing issues in updating their card details. When they click on "update card info", they are redirected to a page where they are prompted to fill the card details. But they do not see their previous card details. Do you have this functionality in place where users can see their previous card?

Other thing is when user fills up the form with new card details, it redirects them back to the profile page with no confirmation that their card is updated.

Is there anyway that they can see some information about their card there so they know which card has expired and if the new one is updated. Also, their card details are not updating as after updating card details they are not able to subscribe to the membership again.

We are using the latest version of Membership Pro.

Thanks Leon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #122220 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Update Card Information
Hello Leon

No, it's not possible. Membership Pro does not store their credit card information on database, so it could not show his old credit card information (for security purpose as you can imagine)

Each time users enter credit card, that information is encrypted and pass directly to the payment gateway, no information is stored on server

When user updates his credit card, if the card is valid, there should be a message update success displayed when they are being redirected to profile page

Same for update error

If message is not displayed, mean Joomla system message is not displayed on your site. In that case, check and make sure your site template has command to allow displaying system message, like this one github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/stagin...ostar/index.php#L189

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122231 by Leon Jackson
Replied by Leon Jackson on topic Update Card Information
Thanks Tuan,

Just to confirm, whenever I sign up to a site or service online, it allows me to store this information. When I choose to update this it will show my name and address etc. which it saves in the back end so I do not need to update this information as it does not change. The card details show 12 'x' to hide the card number and then shows the last 4 digits so the user knows what card he has used previously. The CVC (Security) is obviously empty and the user needs to complete this when updating this information.

Can you please confirm if this extension allows any of this, as this seems to be a normal process for adding card details for users on almost every site that I visit.

If you can please let me know what is possible.

Thanks,
Leon.

More
5 years 2 months ago #122232 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Leon

No, the extension does not allow this. As I mentioned, the system does not store any credit card information on server, so it could not show the 4 digits....

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122233 by Leon Jackson
If our customers want to check which card they make their payments with - How do they do that?

More
5 years 2 months ago #122234 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Unfortunately, currently, we don't have a way to do let them know what card was used for the subscription

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122237 by Leon Jackson
When recently testing the payment update process, i didn't receive any confirmation on the screen to confirm that the transaction was successful. Is this right?

More
5 years 2 months ago #122238 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You mean update card process? If so, it's not right. As I mentioned before, there should be a message displayed to inform you that card was updated succesfully

If there is no message is displayed, please check your template to make sure it has a command to display Joomla! system message like this one github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/stagin...ostar/index.php#L189

(I mentioned about this before)

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122239 by Leon Jackson
Ok, Tuan. Thank you.