CB Community Builder-Membership Pro playing together How To?

• Ronald Wegert
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #122873 by Ronald Wegert
Hi,
Ive installed latest Ms-Pro version 2.17.0 and Community Builder (CB) 2.4.0 on a Joomla V 3.93.
Ive a registration process with CB and need to integrate the Membership Plans into this process. My problem is thats only on there own Ms-Pro or maybe the J core registration form is inserted the plan below so the user can subscribe to it. The subrcibtion with an registered user fills automatic me the minimal formfileds sometimes its come from the joomla core db_user. But it isnt enough.
Some settings i do:
-Config->
--Registration integration: Yes
--Use CB API: Yes
--plugin: User - Membership Pro: published
--plugin: Membership Pro Registration Redirect: published
-plugin: Membership Pro - CB plugin : published
Im not sure about some settings but it is from the documentation here.
Can you explain me how it works right?
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Ronald Wegert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #122891 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Ronald

Not sure exactly how you expect the system/integration to work? I would suggest all registration is handled by Membership Pro and then let Membership Pro populate CB data if needed.

The idea is that users will see list of subscription plans, subscribe for the plan they want. When they subscribe via Membership Pro, once the subscription completed, Membership Pro will be populate his CB account with the data entered via Membership Pro. See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/integr...ta#community-builder

Not sure if it works for your need? And why you need Community Builder? I think use Membership Pro alone is enough unless you need some complicated features provide by Community Builder

Regards,

Tuan

• Ronald Wegert
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #122927 by Ronald Wegert
Yes i can agree your answer. It is okay for me to define the fields in your registration form. CB can perform more fields we needed for our community and give some nice features as groupjive.
But what really important is a tab inside cb with the field information about the subscribtions e.g. payment status, payed or unpayed,next payment datetime and next expired datetime.
Is it possible for your to create a cb plugin for this? It would be so real helfull

More
5 years 1 month ago #123089 by Stuckshutter
I would like to weigh in on this as well since we have a major Joomla site that MUST have the registration initiate through Community Builder (CB). Trust us, this one will work only if we use the CB login and not the native Joomla one.
If there is not a current way to use The CBr login/new user module, I'd highly recommend building a way.
Our only other way to use this will be to manage the payments on another system and create our own method of passing group information over from Membership Pro to our Joomla site and handling the changes to groups ourselves.
If you think that you might have a solution, that would be excellent as it would let us use a single sign on instead of two separate ones with our users.
Either way, I for one, would like to know if you think you might develop a way to work with the CB login process in Membership Pro.
Thanks, great system .... works great and I've tried about all of them.

More
5 years 1 month ago #123095 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
If the need is just a CB plugin to display subscription history, then Yes. I can develop that plugin

I can have it available in the next release of the extension

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronald Wegert

More
5 years 1 month ago #123098 by Stuckshutter
Thank you Tuan for the fast response. While useful that would not do what is needed.
What is needed is a way to use the Community Builder registration/login module in place of the joomla registration form. Our system will not work without that module.
Would love to have an integration with Community Builder through it's login module
Thanks for your interest in helping your customers, it is appreciated.

More
5 years 1 month ago #123107 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

I don't understand your last response. There is nothing prevent you from using CB Registration Form and CB Login to replace Joomla core user registration form /login module

Exactly what's the problem you are having with that?

Tuan

• Ronald Wegert
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #123124 by Ronald Wegert

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: If the need is just a CB plugin to display subscription history, then Yes. I can develop that plugin

I can have it available in the next release of the extension

Regards,

Tuan

Its nice to see a cb tab like Payment History of the user with following fields: last payment, next payment day ,planname - assignments if the member is assigned to more then one subsribtion plan .Visible for own Profile and for admins

More
5 years 1 month ago #123132 by Stuckshutter
Thanks for being so responsive, it's appreciated.

Let me clarify, I see I failed to adequately explain the issue.

It is not that we cannot use the Community Builder log in module with Membership Pro, we can. The problem comes if we first direct a user to Membership Pro to set up their account. Because you, quite logically, use the standard Joomla log in/registration process, it does not create the user through Community Builder.

Although Community builder does have an option to synchronize users, doing that fails to trigger all the set up actions we have programmed to trigger from Community Builder's log in/Registration module.

I realize it is likely not an option you would plan to add to Membership Pro so the account is set up through Community Builder which is no way diminishes how great this program is for a membership solution.

thank you

More
5 years 1 month ago #123324 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Just want to update that in version 2.17.1, we have CB Subscriptions History plugin available www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...2-17-1-released.html

You can install and use it to display subscriptions history of a user in his CB profile if needed

Tuan