• Roger Clarke
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #122952 by Roger Clarke
Reminder emails not sent was created by Roger Clarke
Hi Tuan,

I've seen another recent forum post on this exact topic but thought I should raise it as a new thread.

I have a number of members who say that they haven't received any of the reminder emails. I know they are correct in what they say as i have copies of all the emails sent out and they weren't sent. The email logs show that they were sent.

I think I know what is happening. My host limits email sending to 10 emails per second - in fact they recommend sending in batches of 9. I strongly suspect that the rate of email sending slightly exceeds 10 per second and therefore fails to send a number of the emails (subscription dates are all set to a specific date so all reminders are due to be sent at the same time).

I have another site that will have the same problem, with email reminders due to be sent out this month, and I really need to make sure they all get sent.

How can the email sending process be throttled to ensure emails all get sent? Can the send process be slowed down very slightly (a wait of 1 second after 9 emails?), or can the sending process check that the email has been sent successfully before marking it as sent in Membership Pro, thereby making sure it gets sent in the next batch?

Hope there is an easy solution to this!

Thanks,
Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #122957 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Reminder emails not sent
Hello Roger

No, unfortunately, we don't have a way to slow down the sending process. Maybe you can edit the plugin Events Booking - Reminder, set Number Registrants parameter to 10 for example

Then each time the system send reminder emails, it will only send to 10 people and it will solve the concern

Or better, contact your hosting provider, ask them to increase the limit

Tuan

• Roger Clarke
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #122973 by Roger Clarke
Replied by Roger Clarke on topic Reminder emails not sent
Hi Tuan,
I think you've given me the name of an events booking plugin and not a membership pro plugin.
How often does the plugin run?
Would you consider providing a parameter for this in the config?
Thanks,
Roger

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #122977 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Reminder emails not sent
Ah, Yes. The correct plugin for Membership Pro is Membership Pro Reminder, sorry

The process runs every 2 hours. I will consider adding a parameter for it in the future

Tuan