Importing Subscribers from Prior Paper Based System

• Randall Hollingsworth
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #123103 by Randall Hollingsworth
Importing Subscribers from Prior Paper Based System was created by Randall Hollingsworth
I am using Membership Pro to transition a Family Association from a purely paper and check membership application process to a digital one. I am preparing to import a csv file based on the downloaded template from your site, but it is unclear how some of the fields should be handled. These include payment method, transaction id, membership id, created date and payment date. In addition, some of the association's members are senior citizens that do not have an email account and who will have to continue to use the paper and snail mail method for membership renewal. Their info will also have to be updated manually when they renew via a paper application. How should these fields be filled in before I import these existing subscribers, and what process should be followed for updating the subscriber database for the continued paper application users? Thanks for your assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #123106 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Importing Subscribers from Prior Paper Based System
Hello

1. For payment_method column, you can set it to os_offline

2. For other columns, you can leave it empty

3. To update members information, you can access to Membership Pro -> Subscriptions, find the subscription record and update the data manually from there

Regards,

Tuan

• Randall Hollingsworth
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #123136 by Randall Hollingsworth
Replied by Randall Hollingsworth on topic Importing Subscribers from Prior Paper Based System
Tuan,

Thanks for your timely response! I tried importing my subscriber list and it worked OK, except none of the members without user names (i.e. the members with no email address per my initial post) were imported. Do those users have to be manually entered, or did I miss something in the setup of the import spreadsheet?

More
5 years 1 month ago #123161 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Importing Subscribers from Prior Paper Based System
Hello Randall

For Membership Pro, it requires each member to have an email address. Without an email address, it won't work. So if someone doesn't have an email, you will have to generate a fake email for them before importing into the system

Tuan