we have multiple recurring plans:
Plan A with 3 months duration and monthly payment X€
Plan B with 6 months duration and monthly payment X-5€
Plan C with 12 months duration and monthly payment X-10€
Now we want to offer an upgrade option from plan A to plans B and C. And from plan B to plan C.
The documentation says, upgrades will not work with recurring plans except with the Stripe-plugin, because their API has a cancel option. However, we already found, canceling a subscription does not work with the Stripe-Plugin.
1) Does this mean that upgrade options do not work with recurring payments at all?
2) Or, does this mean we have to cancel the old subscription for every upgraded customer manually (in paypal, stripe or other payment processor)?
3) Can a customer upgrade after his subscription has expired?
4) Does the prorated upgrade work with recurring payments if we cancel the old plan manually?
1. Yes, we are using your latest versions of Membership Pro and Stripe payment plugin
2. Ok, as you suggest, let's focus on getting the issue sorted first.
We already have the support ticket "Stripe recurring payments not stoping"(#85193) open since febuary 2019. There we have the problem, that payments are not canceled with recurring subscriptions and Stripe. This was unexpected behavior of the osm software and is already causing us alot of extra work for customers that pay via Stripe.
So this time we are asking these questions before we implement the upgrade options. Else we will just end up with more technical troubles and less time we can spend helping our customers.
Because canceling is not working with our recurring payments and Stripe (see support ticket above), we doubt that canceling a subscription actually works with the upgrade option, recurring payments and Stripe.
3. The other questions also concern other payment-plugins. For example paypal, which probably every customer of you also uses. So could you please answer our questions 1) - 4) above, Tuan, that would be very nice and helpful for everybody.