Help with Joomla User integration.

• Aaron Pressel
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #124934 by Aaron Pressel
Help with Joomla User integration. was created by Aaron Pressel
Hi all,

I looked through the forums and documentation for Membership Pro and can not find the answer.

I have a simple website that has 1 free subscription plan on it. The client wants to approve all of the applications before giving them access so the free plan is set to pending instead of active when creating.

During testing, I can complete the application form and submit it. This creates a subscription in Membership Pro and a User in the core Joomla system. When I go back and mark the subscription in Membership Pro as Active instead of Pending and click Save, the Joomla user account does not become enabled and activated.

Am I missing something?

I would like to allow the client to activate the subscriptions but I do not want them to also have the extra step of having to activate them in the Joomla User system.

Thanks for any help!
Aaron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aaron Pressel
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #124969 by Aaron Pressel
Replied by Aaron Pressel on topic Help with Joomla User integration.
I figured it out.

I needed to set the Joomla User setting "New User Account Activation" to None and then set Membership Pro to only create the Joomla account when the Membership Pro subscription was set to active.

Aaron

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 11 months ago #124972 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Help with Joomla User integration.
Hi Aaron

Yes. That's correct and best setting. The New User Account Activation parameter can be set to None as you did or maybe Self would be better

Tuan