Records generated when the payment process was discontinued

• Bill
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #124995 by Bill
Hi Tuan,

I have noticed that there are a number of records on our database which should not be there. These are records which have been generated when a member started a payment through the payment portal (PayFast) and then discontinued it. These records have a strange payment ID which is not anything like the payment ID that the PayFast use. They are not reflected on the front end of our site as having paid, but when I interrogate the database to find the numbers of members that have paid, I get wrong numbers for this reason. Is this a bug perhaps or is there a reason why these records are being generated?

With kind regards.

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #124997 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Bill

Nothing is wrong. The system needs to store these records into database before redirect users to payment gateway for processing payment. These records has published = 0 instead of published = 1 like paid subscription records, ignore the records which has published = 0 in database

Tuan

So if you want to query database to find paid
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill

• Bill
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #125163 by Bill
Thanks Tuan,

OK, so is there any reason why I shouldn't delete all those records with published = 0 other than we would lose the details of those that started to pay, but for whatever reason, the payment failed? I suppose I should not delete those who might also be in the process of paying - perhaps give them a day or two.

Regards,

Bill

More
4 years 10 months ago #125164 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Bill

You can delete them if you want. But Yes, give them a day or two before deleting

Please also note that sometime (although it rarely happens), users paid for the subscription but payment gateway could not notify Membership Pro for some reasons, so the status is still Pending (although users paid). So be careful with deleting the records

Tuan

More
4 years 10 months ago #125165 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
We have a system plugin which can be used to automate this task, see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/miscel...ugins/cleaner-plugin

However, at the moment, it's deleting subscriptions with Pending status older than 5 hours, and it could be a bit dangerous

Maybe in the next release, we can make it delete records older than one week (without payment) and we should be fine

Tuan

More
4 years 10 months ago #125166 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Updated code on server to only delete incomplete payment records older than one week by System Membership Pro Cleaner plugin

So if you want to automate this process, download latest package,upgrade it to your site, then publish and use the plugin

Regards,

Tuan

• Bill
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #125218 by Bill
Thanks very much Tuan. You are always so helpful.

Regards,

Bill

More
4 years 10 months ago #125229 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You're welcome.