• Bill
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #125069 by Bill
Custom Field was created by Bill
Hi Tuan,

I have recently added a new custom field for members to opt out of receiving WhatsApp messages (messages are handled manually). I have set "Yes" for required and "Yes" to show on all the forms, profiles and lists. I have chosen a radio button with either "Yes" - default - or "No" as the alternatives. This now shows on the member profile but without either option selected. I have populated the database table Field Value with the "Yes" option for all members (Field_id of 25), but there is no change to the member profile. Only when I select the option on the member profile does the system "remember" and shows the correct selection the next time I log in.
Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks as always for your kind help.

Regards,

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #125087 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom Field
Hi Bill

I guess the way you updated data manually is wrong somehow. Exactly what you did to populate data for the field? Please note that one user might has multiple subscription records, and the data for first subscription record from him will be treated as profile data

Maybe you just update data of one record for that user and that's why it does not work?

Tuan

• Bill
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #125110 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Custom Field
Hi Tuan,

Many thanks for your comment which prompted me to go back and recheck my SQL. My mistake was that I had used the field "user_id" from the file subscribers and not "id". I have corrected that and it has worked.

Incidentally, do you have an Entity Relationship Diagram of the software so that I don't make a similar mistake again in the future? That would be very helpful.

Regards,

Bill

More
4 years 11 months ago #125112 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom Field
Sorry Bill. I don't have Entity Relationship Diagram of the software available

Tuan