• Anthony Hudson
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 week 6 days ago #126427 by Anthony Hudson
Export Subscribers - How select state 2/3 format was created by Anthony Hudson
Hi,

I'm exporting our subscribers and the resulting CSV is displaying the State values as the 2 character version. I tried editing the State values table adding a third character to the State Code 2 field but it is still exporting only 2 characters.

Is there a way to select the Sate Code 3 value as the value used in the export?

Thanks

Anthony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #126431 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Export Subscribers - How select state 2/3 format
Hi Anthony

Unfortunately, it's not possible. If it's really needed, we can modify the code to query database to have data exported in state 3 code. However, I am afraid of i will slow down the process and you would get timeout issue during export process

So better, use it as how it's for now

Tuan

• Anthony Hudson
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 week 6 days ago #126437 by Anthony Hudson
Replied by Anthony Hudson on topic Export Subscribers - How select state 2/3 format
Tuan,

The reason I asked is due to Australia having some 2 character state codes and some 3 character state codes.

As I mentioned I've edited the State Code 2 values to put 3 characters in there but unfortunately the 3 character state codes seem to be truncated by the export process.

This results in QL instead of QLD, NS instead of NSW etc. When I then use this exported data for a mailing label mailmerge, the State is incorrect and may result in the member not receiving their mail.

Can you at least configure the export process to not truncate the State value to 2 characters long so that if the State Code 2 value is modified with a third character added it is not truncated?

Thanks

More
1 week 6 days ago #126438 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Export Subscribers - How select state 2/3 format
It's not truncated. The state data is stored in subscribers database in state_2_code format, so if you change it to state_3_code, it will only affect subscribers join your system from now on

For existing subscribers, they will store state data with 2 characters, so it will be exported in 2 characters. In short, data is exported as how it's stored

Tuan

• Anthony Hudson
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 week 6 days ago #126439 by Anthony Hudson
Replied by Anthony Hudson on topic Export Subscribers - How select state 2/3 format
Tuan,

I've gone through the few subscribers that required a correction for their 3 character state code and re-selected their state (updating them with a 3 character code) and now the export has 3 character state codes for those subscribers.

Thanks for your help.

Anthony

More
1 week 6 days ago #126448 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Anthony. Hope it did not take you too much time to make these updates/corrections

Tuan