How do I set up a Family (Couples) Membership Category

• David Gough
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127042 by David Gough
I have a category for Couples (ie two adults) as well as the normal Singles Category.

I have been reading through the documentation to see if I can use the "Group" feature to do this. However, it's not clear if it's achievable.

I'd like one member of the Couple to administer their joint membership but I need to have both sets of contact details (Address, Email, Phone) and individual membership numbers if at all possible. NOTE: They can share the membership number if it's difficult to do.

Can you please indicate step-by-step how to set up a Couples Membership Plan that can have just two named members with the information required

This can also be extended to a Family Membership at a later date, which I'm sure would be of great use to many of your users.

Also, is it possible to start each membership category's Membership IDs with a different numerical block - eg Life Members start with 0001; Couples Memberships 0101; Student Members 0401; Single Members 0501; Musician Members 1001

Regards, David.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127050 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How do I set up a Family (Couples) Membership Category
Hi David

1. If you just want to collect information of two members, then just create custom fields (to collect second members information) and assign it to the plan. However, if you want to extend it to family membership in the future (which could contain more members), then group membership would be the right option. See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/advanc...res/group-membership

2. Unfortunately, we don't support Membership IDs with a different numerical block

Tuan

• David Gough
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127277 by David Gough
Hi Tuan

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to try setting up a Family Membership using the Group Membership option. However, having read through the documentation, it's still not clear how to do this.

Can you please help by setting this up for me (you still have Admin Access to my site)? Once I can see what's been done, I'll have a better understanding of how it works.

I was supposed to have had Membership Pro all set up and ready to go on 1 July 2019, but I have had problems working out how to mirror our current manual system which follows the requirements of our Constitution - particularly with the multiple membership categories (Couples and Family).

This is needed urgently so I look forward to your help.

Also, I have been preparing an Excel file with this year's members that I will need to upload to Membership Pro. I have found out how to do that and avoid MP sending out confirmation and Log-In information so I can test the system with my own membership. Once I know all is working well, I will need to trigger thee Confirmation/Log-in Emails for ALL the listed members to get them to Log-In to change their passwords and add extra information in their profiles as required. Can you please tell me how to do this.

This is an urgent request so I hope you can help me. If you cannot locate the Admin Access to my site, please send me a PM or private email together with a secure address to which I can send you the username/password pair.

I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Many thanks in advance, David :)

More
4 years 8 months ago #127284 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How do I set up a Family (Couples) Membership Category
Hello David

I don't store your site account information. So please submit a support ticket sending us:

1. Super admin account of your site

2. Tell me ID of the plan which you want to setup Group Membership and Tell me how many members can be added for the group

I will try to help with the setup

Regards,

Tuan