Upgrade Stripe plugin

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127499 by Leon Jackson
Upgrade Stripe plugin was created by Leon Jackson
Hi Tuan,

I am using two payment plugins with the OS Membership component, MP Stripe and MP PayPal Pro. I wanted to upgrade the Stripe plugin to meet the new SCA European regulations. For this, I need to purchase the "MP Stripe Checkout" plugin, not upgrade the "MP Stripe" plugin, right?

So I purchased the MP Stripe plugin and installed it in test website. Can you please guide me with the further steps to setup this new plugin. Also, if I've done right to purchase the MP Stripe Checkout plugin as it is compatible with the SCA regulations.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127503 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Upgrade Stripe plugin
Hello Leon

1. You need to purchase and install MP Stripe Checkout payment plugin to be compatible SCA requirement

2. There are some settings changed to the payment plugin needed, both in the payment plugin parameters and from within your Stripe account. I included it in the readme.txt file in the payment plugin package:

2. Click on the payment plugin to edit, enter payment plugin parameters, then publish it

- For API Keys, you can follow instructions at stripe.com/docs/keys#api-keys to get it.
- For Signing Secret, you need to setup Webhook URL (see the next step) and get the information from there. In the webhook URL setting, click on "Click to reveal" button to get it

3. You will need to login to your Stripe account, add a "Webhook URL" below (see stripe.com/docs/webhooks/setup#add-endpoint-dashboard for instructions)

domain.com/index.php?option=com_osmember...ent_method=os_stripe

(Of course, need to replace domain.com/ with your website url)

Stripe will also asks you for the events for webhook, select two events below:

checkout.session.completed
invoice.payment_succeeded

Could you please do that and let us know if you need more help?

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127521 by Leon Jackson
Replied by Leon Jackson on topic Upgrade Stripe plugin
Hi Taun

Thanks for your quick response. I have followed all your instructions. Now when registering a new user, after filling the registration form, user is redirected to the Stripe website for filling the payment details, after doing payment when user is redirected back to the website, it does not return any membership ID or anything. In admin area if I search for this newly registered user, status is pending and the user is blocked instead of enabled.

Can you please help me in this?

Thanks

More
4 years 8 months ago #127528 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Leon

1. Could you please check and make sure you entered Signing Secret parameter in the payment plugin?

2. Could you please check and make sure you configured webhook properly?

3. Maybe you can edit os_stripe payment plugin, set Log IPN Messages parameter to Yes. Then try to subscribe again, make payment. Once payment is completed, submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that I can check the log to see what's wrong and get it sorted

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127571 by Leon Jackson
Hi Tuan,

I'm trying to test this on my local system. I've checked the status of the latest request that I made by registering a user on local system, it is returning with a '503 (Service Unavailable)' status.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127572 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Leon

What's local system? Is your site accessible from outside (via internet)

The 503 error is something related to server, so maybe you will have to contact your hosting provider and ask them to check to see why the 503 error happens

They should be able to check and guide you to correct it. This is something not related to programming

Regards,

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127575 by Leon Jackson
Hi Tuan,

Just forget about that local system stuff. I have followed all the above mentioned steps on the website, but the outcome is still same. The user status in Membership Pro component for the registered user is 'Pending', there is no membership ID of the user. In the Users area in Joomla!, the user status is 'blocked'.

Please guide me what can I do to make this working?

Thanks

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127576 by Leon Jackson
PS: I'm testing this in Sandbox mode, not live mode.

More
4 years 8 months ago #127577 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Leon

In this case, please submit a support ticket sending me super admin account of your site and link to subscription form

I'm going to check it myself and get the issue sorted. I'm sure that it's just something wrong with the setting

Tuan

• Leon Jackson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #127579 by Leon Jackson
Hi Tuan,

Thank you for you helping me out in this and your quick responses. I found out that I have made some overrides that were causing issues with this new setup. I have tested after removing those overrides and this worked fine.

Guess now it's on me to resolve this.

Thank you for your support.