Using Custom Fields to Assign to Joomla Groups

• SAPFM Admin
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #127942 by SAPFM Admin
We have two custom list fields on our subscription form (primary chapter, secondary chapter). I have created Joomla groups (with Active Member as the parent) for each of the available choices in the list and entered the associated Joomla Group IDs into the "Joomla Group IDs" field for the two MembershipPro custom fields.

As best I can tell, this setup mirrors that described in the MembershipPro documentation: Custom Fields / Assign to Joomla Groups.

However, it isn't working. The users are not being assigned to the groups when they update their user profile. Any ideas on where to start with figuring out why it isn't working?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SAPFM Admin
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #127983 by SAPFM Admin
Replied by SAPFM Admin on topic Using Custom Fields to Assign to Joomla Groups
Update: Feature only works with new or renewed subscriptions, not when editing/updating the user profile.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 7 months ago #127985 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Using Custom Fields to Assign to Joomla Groups
Yes. That's correct. We will work on this feature to make user groups also be updated when updating user profile,too

I will update you when it's implemented and ready to use

Tuan

More
4 years 7 months ago #128046 by David Fletcher
Replied by David Fletcher on topic Using Custom Fields to Assign to Joomla Groups
Tuan
It would be useful to have the Joomla group as a read only field in the members profile.
David

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 7 months ago #128048 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Using Custom Fields to Assign to Joomla Groups
Hi David

Not sure why it's needed? Could you please explain more details?

Tuan

More
4 years 7 months ago #128057 by David Fletcher
Replied by David Fletcher on topic Using Custom Fields to Assign to Joomla Groups
Tuan

It is part of the profile information, as it represents the seniority of members. Members lists both on the web db, and in exported cls files can be sorted on this field.

David

More
4 years 7 months ago #128136 by Michael
Hello Tuan,
I would like this feature also ' user groups also be updated when updating user profile' as I have configured signup to integrate with Joomla Groups. Each group receives its own Newsletter. Group is by location, so if a member moves and changes their 'group' (location) they will receive the new newsletter.
Regards Michael

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 7 months ago #128153 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Give me 2 weeks or so. We will have it implemented and available in the extension

Regards,

Tuan