Restrict Part of Content to Specific Plan... And category?

• Vincenzo
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 7 months ago #128101 by Vincenzo
Hi,

I'm looking if it's possible to restrict part of an article, via the syntax {mprestriction ids="#"} ... some content ... {/mprestriction}, specificing a category ID instead of a plan ID.

Maybe {mprestriction ids="cat -#"} ... come content ... {/mprestriction} ?

If not possible, I think it would be useful if one have many plans per category (this way he can add plans without rember to restrict every piece of content for the new plan).

Very thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #128104 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It's not supported now. However, I think you might want to use this method membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/resour...s-to-joomla-articles to restrict access to articles

It allow you to just check on the checkbox next to each category to restrict access to articles from that whole category. Simpler to setup, I think

Tuan

• Vincenzo
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 7 months ago #128120 by Vincenzo
Thank you, Tuan.

I need just to hide/show a little part of an article.

Maybe the solution is possibile with the syntax above, but at this point it would be useful to know if the commas in {mprestriction ids="1, 2, 3"} work as OR or as AND, specifically when there is "NOT EQUAL TO" syntax ( " != " )

Example:

- User has subscribed to plan with id = 1 and id = 4

- If the code is:

{mprestriction ids != "1, 2, 3"} some content {/mprestriction}

The user:

A. Can see the content because he is in plan 4 and content is restricted (hide) to plan 1, 2, 3 (to see the content is sufficient to have a plan different from 1,2,3)

B. Can't see the content because he is in plan 1 (to see the content it is necessary he had to be NOT subscribed to plan 1).
?

Sorry for the articulate example but I don't know how to ask differently. :)

Hope it's clear.