Recurring Subscription and Fixed Expiration Date

• Alex
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 6 months ago #128268 by Alex
Is it possible to use the fixed expiration date option but be able to have the plans renew automatically?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago #128272 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring Subscription and Fixed Expiration Date
Hi Alex

No, it's not possible. For automatic renewal, the renewal date will be calculated based on sign up date and subscription length, so it's not something works with plan fixed expiration date

Tuan

• Alex
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 6 months ago #128273 by Alex
So the only way for someone to renew a fixed expiration date is to do it manually? Or do i need to create a new plan for them every year (Assuming yearly plans) and they would have to sign up for a new plan

Will members who are on a fixed expiry date also be able to added to the renewal reminder email setting available for plans?

By the way, are you using your extension for your extension plans?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago #128274 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring Subscription and Fixed Expiration Date
Hi Alex

1. Yes. For fixed expiration date plan, the only way to renew subscription is renewing it manually

2. Members of expired date plan, still receive reminder emails to ask them to renew their subscription normally

3. No, I don't use Membership Pro extension on our website. As we sell downloadable products, we use a different extension from us called Documents Seller (it was developed few years before Membership Pro available)

Tuan

• Alex
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #128303 by Alex
Thanks Tuan.

From what I was reading in the documentation could you help me understand something about the foxed expiry plan option?

1) As an example, If I set up a plan today (September 16, 2019) with an expiry date of October 1, 2019 anyone that joins between now an September 30 would only have a plan that lasts a couple of weeks or would it actually expire October 1, 2020 (assuming annual plan)?

2) For those that are already on the plan that was set to October 1, 2019, when it comes time to renew, are they offered a renewal option where the new expiry date is October 1, 2020?

3) Your docs say that if someone signs up for a plan that expires December 31, 2015, but they sign up sometime after December 31, 2015 the extension knows that the the renewal date should actually be December 31, 2016.

In this example if I want the renewal date to be annual expiring October 1 every year, if I set the fixed expiry date October 1, 2018 (last year) that anyone that signs up now would have an expiry date of October 1, 2019 but then after that date it would expire October 1, 2020?

I hope this makes sense.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Alex.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago #128318 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Alex

1. They will still be expired on October 1, 2019 if they sign up before October 1, 2019. If they sign up after October 1, 2019, they will be expired on October 1, 2020

2. Yes. They can renew and their new expiration date will be October 1, 2020

3. Yes

Tuan

• Alex
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 6 months ago #128339 by Alex
Thank you again!

So as I understand it then, Once I set up this fixed expiry plan, I don't need to make a new one every year then! If so, fantastic!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago #128350 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. You don't have to change it every year. However, there is one downside with not changing it. For example, if you set expired date to 2019-12-31, and someone signs up on 2019-12-30, they will still be expired on 2019-12-30 (which is not right, of course)

Usually, you will want that if there is only few days left in the subscription, extra year should be added but the system could not handle that at the moment yet. Will try to support it in near future

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex