TWO active memberships when Grace Period used

• Jamie Gilbert
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #128322 by Jamie Gilbert
TWO active memberships when Grace Period used was created by Jamie Gilbert
Hi

I have a GRACE period configured of 10 days, but have now noticed when people renew their memberships I ended up with TWO active accounts until the expiry + 10 days has passed..

Ideally I would like their OLD membership record to expire when they renew and have a new record.

Is there a way to make this happen? or is this just now it works ?

I do a monthly total for membership and it was making the totals out by this amount.

Cheers

Jamie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #128324 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic TWO active memberships when Grace Period used
Hello Jamie

Unfortunately, this is how it works. It's hard to change the behavior, so we will have to use it as how it's for now

Tuan

• Lionel Charrier
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #128423 by Lionel Charrier
Replied by Lionel Charrier on topic TWO active memberships when Grace Period used
Hi Tuan

I have also activated grace period this year instead of adding duration to the fixed end date of the subscription.
I do not mind having an overlap with two subscriptions active. Nevertheless, I would not like that when the previous subscription expires it affects the new active subscription. For example change the attribution of the Joomla Group.
What happens when the previous subscription expires ?

BR
Lionel
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Lionel Charrier.

More
4 years 6 months ago #128428 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic TWO active memberships when Grace Period used
Hi Lionel

When the previous subscription expired, nothing will be affected in this case, don't worry

The system is smart enough to know that user is having an active subscription of the plan and won't remove him from assigned user groups....

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lionel Charrier

More
4 years 6 months ago #128569 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic TWO active memberships when Grace Period used
I have been testing this with a Grace Period of 0.

I had two active subscriptions for the same plan as I had renewed before the expiry date of the current subscription. When the auto expiry ran the Joomla groups and acymailing lists were removed even though there was still an active subscription with the same plan.

Is there a plugin ordering issue?

Has anyone got this working?

Alan