Prorated signup cost and Grace Period

• Alex
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #128340 by Alex
I found documentation about Prorated signup cost and had a couple of questions about it as it relates to fixed expiry date plans.

1) Scenario #1 If I have an existing plan with expiry date of October 1, 2018 (last year) and someone sign ups today, I understand the expiry date of this plan would be October 1, 2019 (this year). If i enable the prorated signup cost setting, would that mean the person signing up would only pay the few remaining days between now (September 18) and October 1, 2019?

2) Scenario #2. Today is September 18 and I have a plan that expires October 1, 2020. The annual fee is $365 ($1/day). Will the person who signs up today pay $365 or $365 + the extra 12 days ($12)? Will the prorated signup cost setting have any effect on this it is used?

3) Scenario #3 Is it possible to set up a plan where if someone signs up within 30 day of the expiry date that they get a grace period. For example.
Today is September 18 and I have a plan that expires October 1, 2019. If someone signs up today, but ideally I would want to give them access as of today, but the renewal is October 1, 2020 instead.

I was looking for a grace period in the documentation, but not sure where it is (if it exists).
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Alex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #128351 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Prorated signup cost and Grace Period
Hello Alex

1. Yes.

2. No, he will only have to pay the subscription fee in this case, not adding the fee of the current year, then full fee for next year

3. Not supported yet. But something we will add support for in the next release

Regards,

Tuan

• Alex
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 6 months ago #128352 by Alex
Replied by Alex on topic Prorated signup cost and Grace Period
So in a situation where I need the same annual renewal date (October 1) and offer someone signing up within say 30 days of that date the month for free, would it be best to set up a new plan for them to choose with an October 1, 2020 expiry date instead?

More
4 years 5 months ago #129228 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Prorated signup cost and Grace Period
Hi Alex

In latest version, there is a new setting called Grace Period to allow you to enter number of days (30 days) and in that case, users who subscribe within 30 days of expired date will be expired in next year (get that 30 days free)

You can update your site to the latest version 2.18.0 to use that improvement (instead of setting up a new plan)

Tuan

• Alex
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #134293 by Alex
Replied by Alex on topic Prorated signup cost and Grace Period
Hello,

I am just circling back to this discussion. I am still referring to the need to always have the same renewal date every year. For example an annual membership that expires every June 30th.

1. Is it possible to have the same annual renewal date and also enable auto-renewals?
2. From what I read the grace period feature (where someone registering within an x number of days before renewal would be charged a prorated amount
3. How does all this work (or can it work with) group memberships

About Group Membership
4. Do members have their own user account when part of a group membership?
5. Is the person assigned as the group member admin (the person who bought the groups membership) the only one who has access to the membership status (i.e. kick out other users in the plan)?
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Alex.