Custom fields "Depend on Field" inconsistent results?

• Peter O'Toole
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #129165 by Peter O'Toole
Hi Tuan,
my site uses custom fields in various plans such as a drop down list for "how many boat berths" and then depending on the option chosen I display more custom fields to capture details about each boat. So one boat berth shows one field details of boat 1. Two boat berths add a second field for details of boat 2. And so on.
This works very nicely on a couple of screens:
1) Subscriptions management - editing the user details
2) Renewing subscription
But on the User Profile screen all the fields are shown even the ones that should not. I have attached a screenshot showing the issue.

I think I can choose to hide or show each field manually but I don't see how to get the system to react to the "depends on field" on this screen.
Is there an option I am missing?
Thanks
Peter
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 5 months ago #129171 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom fields "Depend on Field" inconsistent results?
Hi Peter

Custom Field Dependency should still work on user profile page. Maybe there is something special causing the error. Could you please submit a support ticket sending us:

- Super admin account
- Link to that user profile page
- A subscriber account which can be used to that user profile page and see the error

I will try to check to see why it does not work and get it sorted

Tuan

• Peter O'Toole
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #129268 by Peter O'Toole
Replied by Peter O'Toole on topic Custom fields "Depend on Field" inconsistent results?
Hi Tuan,
I did more testing and it seems to be related to the "can edit on profile" option. If that is set to no the field appears. If is set to yes the field acts according to "depends on field". Is that a bug or a feature?
I would like to populate the fields and show them on the profile without having to open them up to editing by the user.
Thanks
Peter

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 5 months ago #129272 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom fields "Depend on Field" inconsistent results?
Hi Peter

That should not be related. If user choose the right option which the field depends on, that field should be shown, too

So for this, I guess we will have to check it directly on your site to figure out the reason

Tuan

• Peter O'Toole
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #129371 by Peter O'Toole
Replied by Peter O'Toole on topic Custom fields "Depend on Field" inconsistent results?
Hi Tuan,
it makes more sense to me now. If the parent field is a fee field it cannot be edited by the user on their profile - sensible. The dependent fields are not fee fields and appear / disappear correctly if they are editable on the profile.
This is working nicely for my site. Members signup/renew for a certain number of boat berths which are paid for and fixed for the duration of the membership period and the member can maintain/edit the actual boat details through the year.
Sorted. Thank you.
Peter

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 5 months ago #129372 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Peter. I'm glad it's working as expected. Have a nice weekend

Tuan