Early renewals discount right up to expiry date

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #129825 by intouchweb
We would like to setup early renewals that provides a discount right up to the membership expiry. After the expiry date (and during the grace period) the price needs to revert to full price without a discount.
Not sure how to set this up in the Early Renewals section, do I set the "Number of Days Left" to zero, meaning right up to the expiry date? The system seems to reject that figure. I also tried a setting of -1 (which I thought would mean right up to a day after expiry) and again the system rejected it. Advice please?

And a second question - would the $ figure amount for the discount be the pre-GST amount or post-GST amount?
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by intouchweb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #129828 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Early renewals discount right up to expiry date
Hello

1. As of right now, we only allow renewal discount if users renew their subscription at least 1 day before subscription expired. So value for that setting will have to be greater than or equal 1

2. The discount amount here is pre-GST (before tax)

Tuan

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #129830 by intouchweb
Replied by intouchweb on topic Early renewals discount right up to expiry date
Thanks Tuan,
So to clarify if I want ALL early renewals to be discounted right up to the expiry date (and renewals are set to be available from 90 days before the subscription expires) do I set this figure as 90 days?
Secondly, would this mean that if someone renews within 24 hours prior to the expiry they will not receive the discount?

More
4 years 4 months ago #129831 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Early renewals discount right up to expiry date
Hello

You can set it to 1 and anyone renew the subscription 1 days before expiring (or earlier) will get discount

Users who renewed in last 24 hours, unfortunately, won't receive discount in this case

I will see if I can support for it in the future

Tuan

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 4 months ago #129832 by intouchweb
Ok got it now. so 1 here means "at least 1" thanks. If you could possibly add zero as an option in the future it would be perfect. Actually some people may even want a negative figure here, ie offering a discount until say 7 days past expiry for example ... thanks again Tuan.

More
4 years 4 months ago #129848 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Mark. Will look at it and try to support it in the future

Regards,

Tuan

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #130948 by intouchweb
Quick followup to this, the setting is set to 1 and yet the discount is still applying today on 2nd January (when the plan expiry was 31st December 2019). I notice that if I change it to 2 the discount does not apply anymore. Just thought I would let you know, something seems wrong with the coding of dates here I think... Happy new year Tuan!

UPDATE: Setting left at 1 and all member renewals were still receiving the discount a week after the expiry. I had to remove all discounts from all plans to stop them being applied. Perhaps the grace period setting is interferring with the expiry date in the code? That's just a hunch... however I can say that this functionality definitely does not work as expected.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by intouchweb.