Fields when adding a new group member

• Tracey Field
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #129912 by Tracey Field
Fields when adding a new group member was created by Tracey Field
Hi Tuan hope you are well. Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn’t find an answer when I did a quick search of the forum.

First question, two of the fields that I use for new subscribers - business name and how did you hear about us (see image) I don’t really need when a group admin adds a new group member. Is there a way of hiding these fields for group members while keeping them on the new subscribers form?

Second question, is there a way that the system can create passwords for new group members instead of the group admin doing it and the password being added to the welcome email? Any plugins that will work alongside to automate the password? A couple of the group admins have suggested it would make life easier, not that I think it takes much time to register group members but thought I would ask.

Thanks

Tracey
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #129913 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Fields when adding a new group member
Hi Tracey

1. For the fields, you just need to go to Membership Pro -> Custom Fields, click on the field to edit, set Show On Group Member Form to No and the field will be hidden

2. We do not have an option to allow automatically creating password at the moment, so group admin will need to enter it manually. If you really need it, some customization to the code will be needed and it will cost you 30$ for the customization

Regards,

Tuan

• Tracey Field
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #129927 by Tracey Field
Replied by Tracey Field on topic Fields when adding a new group member
I'm not quite sure how I missed 1! Glad I asked though as it now looks much neater.

For the auto password that's good to know. Your customisation costs are always reasonable. I will give it some thought and maybe ask my current group admins what they think.

Thanks as always. Tracey

More
4 years 4 months ago #129936 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Fields when adding a new group member
OK Tracey