Restrict subscription to a plan to one per user

• Kenneth Svendlund
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #130921 by Kenneth Svendlund
Restrict subscription to a plan to one per user was created by Kenneth Svendlund
Hello

How can I restrict a plan so users only can subscribe to it once? I use free lifetime plans currently but want to set up paid plans at some point.

I have no groups or categories setup. I'm restricting access to content by adding the plan to each article. So a very simple setup.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks and Happy New Year! :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 3 months ago #130931 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Restrict subscription to a plan to one per user
Hello Kenneth

Just edit the plan, set Enable Renewal to No and each user can only subscribe for that plan one time

Tuan

• Kenneth Svendlund
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #130939 by Kenneth Svendlund
Replied by Kenneth Svendlund on topic Restrict subscription to a plan to one per user
Helle Tuan

Enable Renewal is already set to No. It's a free lifetime plan.

Several users have 2 or 3 subscriptions of the same plan, so I must have set up something wrong somewhere else, any ideas where I should look?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 3 months ago #130944 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Restrict subscription to a plan to one per user
Honestly, I am unsure. Maybe you can try to test it yourself:

- Subscribe for the plan
- Then try to subscribe again to see if it's allowed?

Tuan

• Kenneth Svendlund
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #130947 by Kenneth Svendlund
Replied by Kenneth Svendlund on topic Restrict subscription to a plan to one per user
Hi Tuan

I can subscribe again with my test account, in the My Subscriptions tab it shows only once, in Subscription History it shows I have subscribed twice.

I found out why it's possible, it's because the subscription is set to "Pending".

The reason I don't want to automatically activate the subscription is that the "payment" for the "free" plan is that they are active affiliates and have referred a required number of new users. So until they have referred the required number of new users they should not be able to access restricted content.

I was expecting that a pending subscriber would get a message like "You have already subscribed to this plan, the plan is pending activation"

Now when they click on restricted content they get the signup button again and sign up several times...

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best regards
Kenneth

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 3 months ago #130970 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Kenneth

Maybe you can submit a support ticket sending us:

- Super admin account of your site
- Link to subscription form of the plan

I will try it myself to see why it happens and find a solution (need to check your plan setup to understand the problem better before checking the issue)

Tuan

• Kenneth Svendlund
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #130972 by Kenneth Svendlund
Hi Tuan
Thanks for looking into this. The Support ticket is #95998
Thanks
Kenneth