Create New subscriber / user by another user without being joomla admin

• Steve Drake
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #130961 by Steve Drake
Not sure how to explain this properly, but here is what I am trying to do.

I know that I can have a new user sign up and it will create the account, and set up the user, etc. But I have a client that I want to allow them to set up new users, subscribers manually without giving them full access to Joomla. The signup page needs to be hidden inside a membership level, but once you log (to limit page access) in you only can make changes to your own account, you cannot create a new user and set that new user up with a plan, that I can see.

The general public cannot have the ability to sign up, only the company can do this. If I try and hide the signup page inside the membership level, then you cant add a new member, and if I do it as it is designed the sign up is open to the public.

The only other way I see to do it, is to give them full access to Joomla, and let them go into membership and add subscriptions, subscribers and users, and then activate each one.

Is there something I am missing, or is there a way to achieve this process.
thanks
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #130962 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Steve

Honestly, I still don't understand your requirement. Any chance of explain it more details so that I can understand and guide you?

Tuan

• Steve Drake
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #130963 by Steve Drake
I know it is hard to explain. Let me try this way.
I want a non-technical user to be an administrator and manually add new members and set up the plan they will have access to.
I don't want them to have full access to the administration panel of Joomla since they don't have the training and may mess up other things.

Currently, the only way I can see to have a new user added is with the plan purchase feature built into the system (which works great) but the end-user is not paying at the time of setup, the non-technical user (my client) wants to add his customers (the end user) manually.
If I give my customer the non-technical user a login, membership pro ONLY allows him to add plans to his account, not access, edit or create another account.
Is there a way to give my customer access and a simple page to add new members and select their plans from his own page?
I am in the middle of changing the rights to the administrator now, and limiting their back end access, so only a super user can get to all of the system, but my customer will still have to go through several steps to add their members, and select plans.
Does this make sense?
basically an end user admin panel so clients can setup members easily in a single page, similar to the ones you use for new members to do it themselves.
steve

More
4 years 3 months ago #130966 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Steve

Maybe give that non-technical user permission to access to frontend subscription management to allow him to add subscription record from frontend of your site? See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/fronte...manage-subscriptions

Tuan

• Steve Drake
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #131030 by Steve Drake
yes that is what i was looking for, thank you.
however now when i try and add a new one i get a message - please select a subscription plan. What did I mess up?
Attachments:

More
4 years 3 months ago #131031 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Steve

On that page, there is a plans filter dropdown (which says All Plans by default)

Please select a plan from that plans filter dropdown before pressing New button and it should work fine

Regards,

Tuan

• Steve Drake
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #131033 by Steve Drake
THANK YOU!!!!!
I just thought that was a filter for the page, did not realize that was a selection too!
That was way to easy, thank you for the great support!
steve

More
4 years 3 months ago #131035 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You're welcome, Steve

Please continue using the extension. If you have questions or need help, please don't hesitate to ask us

Regards,

Tuan