Membership Pro renewal reminder to re-subscribed user?

• CEO
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #131140 by CEO
Hello all,

We are using Membership Pro version 2.18.2 on a site that is in development.

We have several test user IDs set up on the site and one of them recently came up for renewal of their membership.

Our memberships do *not* renew automatically. We have it set up so that the member must purchase the renewal manually by logging into the site.

Before the deadline, the user received the reminder emails asking them to renew before 9 Jan 2020.

The user renewed before the deadline of 9 Jan 2020.

Today, 12 Jan 2020, user received a renewal reminder note that indicated the membership would expire in 7 days.

1. This member has already renewed, so no reminder email should have been received.
2. The reminder email was sent 3 days after the renewal date.
3. The reminder email indicated the renewal would expire in 7(seven) days.
4. The custom email message does not match the text of any reminder messages we have set up currently in Membership Pro.

Question: What should I be checking for to make sure the correct messages are going out at the right times?

Hints and help are appreciated. :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #131143 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro renewal reminder to re-subscribed user?
Hello

If users renewed his subscription, he should not receive any renewal emails from the system

Maybe it's sent from a copy of that site (which has data and users has not renewed yet?) ? That's the only reason I can think about this error

Regards,

Tuan

• CEO
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #131147 by CEO
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I thought about the possibility that the email came from a copy of the site that does not show the user as being renewed. I will check on this.

Question #1: What would cause the “7 days until expiration” reminder email go out 3 days after the expiration date?

Question #2: Does Membership Pro put messages in a queue and then send them out in a (cron) batch? If so, what happens if the site is offline for a period of time?

Your help is appreciated.

More
4 years 2 months ago #131156 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro renewal reminder to re-subscribed user?
Hello

1. Maybe it is because that reminder email was not sent at the time (because the site was offline and or there was no access to that site during the site). So next time when there is an access to the site, the system will try to process sending that email (until the email is sent). This usually happens during the development only (when noone access to the site). When the site goes live, it won't happen

2. It does not queue the message. The way it works is that the process is triggered every 2 hours for example, it will check to get list of subscriptions which reminder was not processed yet (for example, first 10 subscriptions) and process sending reminder emails to these records. Then next time, it will send reminder to next 10 records and so on until all subscriptions received reminder emails

Hope my explanation is clear to you and it answers your question

Tuan