We are using Membership Pro version 2.18.2 on a site that is in development.
We have several test user IDs set up on the site and one of them recently came up for renewal of their membership.
Our memberships do *not* renew automatically. We have it set up so that the member must purchase the renewal manually by logging into the site.
Before the deadline, the user received the reminder emails asking them to renew before 9 Jan 2020.
The user renewed before the deadline of 9 Jan 2020.
Today, 12 Jan 2020, user received a renewal reminder note that indicated the membership would expire in 7 days.
1. This member has already renewed, so no reminder email should have been received.
2. The reminder email was sent 3 days after the renewal date.
3. The reminder email indicated the renewal would expire in 7(seven) days.
4. The custom email message does not match the text of any reminder messages we have set up currently in Membership Pro.
Question: What should I be checking for to make sure the correct messages are going out at the right times?
1. Maybe it is because that reminder email was not sent at the time (because the site was offline and or there was no access to that site during the site). So next time when there is an access to the site, the system will try to process sending that email (until the email is sent). This usually happens during the development only (when noone access to the site). When the site goes live, it won't happen
2. It does not queue the message. The way it works is that the process is triggered every 2 hours for example, it will check to get list of subscriptions which reminder was not processed yet (for example, first 10 subscriptions) and process sending reminder emails to these records. Then next time, it will send reminder to next 10 records and so on until all subscriptions received reminder emails
Hope my explanation is clear to you and it answers your question