Invalid CVV Error

• Brandon Ledford
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #131394 by Brandon Ledford
Invalid CVV Error was created by Brandon Ledford
We've encountered a pretty strange error. Over the past few weeks, a few people attempting to subscribe to our website are reporting that they are getting a CVV error during checkout. They'll try different credit cards and get the same error. But other people were registering without issue. I chalked it up to user error... but I got another report this morning with some real detail. So I attempted to repeat the issue, and found that it was repeatable.

We were a little behind in software updates, so first I updated the relevant software thinking it was likely a change to Stripe processing requirements. I know they are always making changes. However, that didn't help. Same error on the CVV field. This is with Stripe in sandbox mode, so any 3 digit code for the CVV should be accepted with the provided test credit card numbers. I'm at a loss now.

Before I gave up and came here for help, I did figure out that after the first error for the CVV being invalid, if you just scroll down to the CVV field and replace the code with the same exact numbers, it will process just fine. But you have to delete what is there and reenter the same code. You can't just resubmit the form. So again, I don't have a clue what is happening here, but it explains why some people are able to signup and others are not.

Here is the link page I'm referring to: bpleadership.com/signup/bp-leadership-su.../yearly-subscription
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #131396 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Invalid CVV Error
Hello Brandon

Could you please attach a screenshot showing us the error message so that I can understand better about the error and find the reason?

Regards,

Tuan

• Brandon Ledford
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #131397 by Brandon Ledford
Replied by Brandon Ledford on topic Invalid CVV Error
Sure thing! I've attached what I'm seeing. Also, I don't think I mentioned before, but I'm using the Chrome browser.
Attachments:

More
4 years 2 months ago #131398 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Look like something wrong with captcha. Could you please go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, set Enable Captcha config option to No, then try again to see if you get the error?

Tuan

• Brandon Ledford
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #131399 by Brandon Ledford
Replied by Brandon Ledford on topic Invalid CVV Error
That seems to have resolved the issue! The subscription form took the test data on the first try. Thank you!

Now about the Captcha... we've had some issues with loads of spam coming from our forms. Not really on these type forms, likely due to the fact that they require payment. But will a software update be needed to ultimately correct this issue and allow us to safely re-enable the captcha settings?

More
4 years 2 months ago #131400 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

You can use recaptcha to prevent spam. Look like in your case, the settings (maybe the keys) for recaptcha is wrong and it causes the issue

Try to use a new keys, then enable captcha again to see if it works?

Tuan