• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #90119 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro version 2.7.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 2.7.0. This version bring following nice improvements:

1. Fronted subscriptions management

- If you don't want to give the person who manage subscriptions access to backend of your site, you would be happy with this new feature. Just assign him to a user group which has Subscriptions Management permission in Membership Pro, create a menu item to link to Subscriptions Management menu option of Membership Pro. Then he can access to that menu item, see all subscriptions record, change status, create new subscription, update an existing subscription, delete subscriptions.....

2. Pro-rated sign up cost option

This is helpful if you have subscription plan with fixed expiration date. Before, subscribers will have to pay full price (not depends on the date they sign up)

Now, if you enable this option (prorated cost by Days or by Months), the system will calculate the price he has to pay depends on the date he sign up. So if he pay later, he will only have to pay less price, not full price

3. Pro-rated upgrade option

This is another useful feature. In older version, when someone upgrade from one plan to another plan, he will loose the remaining active duration of his previous subscription. With this new version, you can config the system so that when he upgrade, the remaining duration from his previous subscription will be added to his subscription of the upgraded plan, it will be lost. I believe it will encourage your subscribers to update to higher level plan when he wants instead of waiting until his current subscription expired.

4. Modify Subscription Duration base on custom field value

From now on, if you want, you can offer different subscription length (subscription duration) for the same subscription plan. Just create a new custom field (usually custom fee field) to allow subscribers to choose the option they want (3 months, 6 months, 9 months....), enter Modify Subscription Duration string for each option (for example +2 months, +4 months...) and then their subscription duration will be adjusted base on the option they choose

5. Improve group membership feature

- You can now browse and select existing user when adding new group member (remember to set Enable Select Existing User config option to Yes
- Send notification email to group member to inform him that he is added to the group

6. Allow using icons instead of text for payment methods

- Now, for each payment plugin, we added a new parameter called Icon. You can enter the name of icon file you want to use (for example os_paypal.png, os_authnet.gif, os_offline.png, os_creditcard.png... into that parameter and that icon will be displayed instead of payment method title on subscription form

7. Improve subscription sign up workflow

- When user see list of plans, if he subscribed for a plan before, the text of the Subscribe button will be changed from Sign up (before) to Renew

- If he clicks on Renew button and that plan has different renew options, he will be redirected to renew membership page to see a renew option

If you want to use these new improvements, please access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version, upgrade it to your site

Thanks for continue using our product and support our development

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jan, Stephen, Alan Henness, Neil, Trevor Smith, Billie Carroll

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #90134 by gilles
Replied by gilles on topic Membership Pro version 2.7.0 released
Thanks for providing us with the details of the change Tuan. The screenshots are also very useful.
I do have a few questions regarding the changes:

1. re: Pro-rated upgrade option
You mention "With this new version, you can config the system so that when he upgrade, the remaining duration from his previous subscription will be added to his subscription of the upgraded plan, it will be lost."...
I'm confused...did you mean it won't be lost?

2. re: Pro-rated upgrade option
If I understand this correctly, there is a loophole. Does this mean if someone purchases a one-year plan for $10, after one month, upgrades to a $100 plan for a year, he will get 1 year and 23 months of Plan B for a total disbursement of $110?

3. re: Modify Subscription Duration base on custom field value
How do we set the rates for the various plan lengths we enter here?

4. re: Allow using icons instead of text for payment methods
I looked at the payment plugins config, Paypal in my case, and can't see this new field/parameter... Where exactly is it?

Thanks OSSlolution! I look forward to clarification on the above.
Cheers!
Gilles

More
7 years 4 months ago #90137 by jimi
Replied by jimi on topic Membership Pro version 2.7.0 released
thanks for adding the renew options , question , if the membership expires does the option revert to a signup option ?

i want to encourage people to continue to remain a member and offer a discount for renewing prior to their membership expiring

More
7 years 4 months ago #90140 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic Membership Pro version 2.7.0 released
Great new release just in time for my go live before Christmas. An early Christmas present.

Well done Tuan

More
7 years 4 months ago #90141 by Alan Bennett
Hi Tuan

I have installed the new release and a bit confused with the Subscription Management feature in the front end.

What does "New Subscription" do? I have tried it and nothing happens, the page refreshes but nothing?

I was hoping if I selected an expired subscription it might renew it?

Alan

More
7 years 4 months ago #90144 by PB
Replied by PB on topic Membership Pro version 2.7.0 released
Thanks Tuan, two of these new things are things I've asked for recently!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 4 months ago #90165 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.7.0 released
@ALL: I updated documentation for new features of this new version:

1. Use Joomla Update to update to new version of the extension (in case you don't know about it yet)

membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/gettin...on#use-joomla-update

2. Prorated sign up code

membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...nup-cost-explanation

3. Prorated upgrade option

membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...rated-upgrade-option

4. Assign to Joomla Group base on custom field

membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...ign-to-joomla-groups

5. Modify Subscription Duration base on custom field

membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...ubscription-duration

6. Frontend Subscriptions Management

membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/fronte...manage-subscriptions

Please read documentation, you will understand these new features better (it has samples, too)

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 4 months ago #90166 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.7.0 released
@Alan: New Subscription is actually Renew Subscription, there is a typo in the language file and I updated download package on server with the fix

To renew a subscription, just do it like in the backend. Check on the checkbox next to the subscription record, then press Renew Subscription button in the toolbar

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 4 months ago #90177 by Alan Bennett
Tuan

I have downloaded the updated package but no change to the text on the buttons.

It looks jus like your screen shot with:
- New
- Edit
- Publish
- Unpublish
- New Subscription
- Export

Publish and unpublish are also misleading.

- Publish seems to change the status to Active
- Unpublish seems to change the status to Pending

New Subscription (Renew?) is still doing nothing via the front end on an expired subscription whereas Renew in the backend does renew and create a new subscription entry for that subscriber. I have Synchronise Data set to yes.

Alan

More
7 years 4 months ago #90196 by Trevor Smith
Replied by Trevor Smith on topic Membership Pro version 2.7.0 released
I am seeing the same issues here.

Trevor