• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #90354 by PhoenixUK
Custom CSS Tab Wiped During Upgrade? was created by PhoenixUK
Hi,

I updated to the latest and great MembershipPro 2.7.0 and then when checking my subscription plans in the frontend, I noticed the one I was checking had gone to a full-length single column layout; whereas up to this point I had adopted a tweaked custom CSS to achieve a 2 column layout in the cart process.

I checked the custom.css tab in MembershipPro > Config > Custom Css and noticed this was blank. I can only think that the previous css was wiped during upgrade to v2.7.0.

Thankfully I only had a couple of items of custom css in there and it was very easy to get back to the previous layout but is there anyway that I / we can ringfence our custom css, so it doesn't get wiped upon any future version updates please?

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #90417 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom CSS Tab Wiped During Upgrade?
Custom css is supposed to be kept during the update. I don't know why it is lost when you update, maybe permission issue with custom css file. Could you please try to update one more time? If it is still lost, submit a support ticket so that we can check it directly on your site

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 4 months ago #90450 by Trevor Smith
Replied by Trevor Smith on topic Custom CSS Tab Wiped During Upgrade?
I think I have had seen the same problem. I am sure I had made a simple CSS change but it is not there now!

regards
Trevor

More
7 years 4 months ago #90458 by mcitc-group
Replied by mcitc-group on topic Custom CSS Tab Wiped During Upgrade?
For me, the best way to deal with the custom-css is to place in [your template]/css/custom.css.
In this way, all the custom css done to the whole website will be in one place and cannot be removed on updates or remove/re-install such component, module or article. Hope this will help.

All the best to you'll
Marius

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #90469 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Custom CSS Tab Wiped During Upgrade?
If we can use our templates custom css file and it will pick up the relevant css overrides in that way, happy days as I will actually do that. Just create a new commented section relating to my membership pro area, good point.

More
7 years 4 months ago #90478 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Custom css for Membership Pro should be located in custom css file of Membership Pro. There are no reason to load custom css of Membership Pro on the pages which don't belong to Membership Pro

It is just your choice anyway. I will try to check to see whether I can re-procedure the issue myself but I don't think custom css is lost during the update

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 2 months ago #92355 by Malgorzata Bednarz
Replied by Malgorzata Bednarz on topic Custom CSS Tab Wiped During Upgrade?
Hello,

Same problem here - custome.css blank after update.
Did you find out what is the problem,

Thanks

More
7 years 2 months ago #92377 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

I could not re-procedure the issue myself. Not sure how you updated it? Maybe it happens because you uninstalled old version before installing new version?

If you want, please submit a support ticket so that we can check it directly on your site:

1. I will try to add some custom css for testing

2. Then install latest version, make sure the custom css is kept during the update

Tuan

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #93931 by PhoenixUK

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hello

I could not re-procedure the issue myself. Not sure how you updated it? Maybe it happens because you uninstalled old version before installing new version?

If you want, please submit a support ticket so that we can check it directly on your site:

1. I will try to add some custom css for testing

2. Then install latest version, make sure the custom css is kept during the update

Tuan

Tuan,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this for the above person? I ask, as I've just got round to upgrading to 2.7.1 and it has yet again wiped my custom css from the Configuration > Custom CSS tab. When I upgraded, I had to download the 2.7.1 file from this site, as Joomla Upgrade wouldn't allow it directly from within there. I then installed it the normal way and it all installed, replacing the previous 2.7.0 but then the custom css tab was empty when I went straight to it.

I don't have a lot in there at present but as I suffer memory retention issues and whilst I copied the custom code before the upgrade, which meant I pasted it back in to the custom css tab and selected save... I may not remember to do this beforehand in the future.

Regards,

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #94300 by PhoenixUK
Hi Tuan,

Just to let you know that I've just updated to 2.8.0 and had again the foresight to be sure, by copying my custom css tab within MPro - upgraded, went in to my 2.8.0 configuration > custom.css tab and it had yet again wiped it.

I then re-pasted the css content back in and saved... so it still seems to be happening but I have no clue as to why.

Not a major problem, so long as I ALWAYS remember to copy that css tabs content before upgrading my MPro. :)