Need help in finishing my MP subscription set-up

• Martin Quessenberry
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #92083 by Martin Quessenberry
Need help in finishing my MP subscription set-up was created by Martin Quessenberry
I'm brand new to Membership Pro (rookie) and have received quality (basic) support from the support team. I have my plans set-up, I understand the placement of the syntax (for partial article access) and I have my payment plug-in configured. I can't seem to find documentation or figure out where to go from here? Once a user subscribes to a plan where do they go to log-in? How do they access the restricted content? Do I use the Joomla login/out module, can they update their account profile, information? I'm extremely short on time and was hoping for some much needed assistance - any help would be gratefully appreciated - if needed, I can provide links, details, etc. thanks in advance!
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Martin Quessenberry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #92113 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Need help in finishing my MP subscription set-up
Hi Martin

Yes. You should use Joomla Login module / menu options to allow subscribers to login to access to restricted content

Also, if you want, you can set Auto Login / Auto Reload User groups config option to Yes so that subscribers will be logged in automatically after completing the subscription

However, if you do that, you will also need to set Send Activation Emails config option to No as activation won't work after users logged in

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Quessenberry

• Martin Quessenberry
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #92146 by Martin Quessenberry
Replied by Martin Quessenberry on topic Need help in finishing my MP subscription set-up
Got it :) Thanks so much for the OUTSTANDING support, you and your team have been fantastic, I'm loving this product! One other question is I'd like the user to manage their account and profile, is that possible? thanks!
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Martin Quessenberry.

More
7 years 3 months ago #92169 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Need help in finishing my MP subscription set-up
Hello Martin

You can create a menu item to link to user profile menu option of Membership Pro, membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/frontend-items/user-profile

Users can then access to that menu item to see their profile data...

Regards,

Tuan

• Martin Quessenberry
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #92200 by Martin Quessenberry
Replied by Martin Quessenberry on topic Need help in finishing my MP subscription set-up
Tuan,
Thank you! I was able to get this up and running - works well. Through my testing yesterday I noticed (on two) separate occasions a user set up their plan with an incorrect email address. This caused a few issues, they did not receive an activation link (via email) and they did not receive a confirmation (via email). For testing purposes I logged them both out and had them retry, in this case they used their correct email address but because they signed up using an incorrect address they got an error message because the system did not recognize the username, Can a user NOT UPDATE their username in profile? Using the forgot username will not work either because they would be typing in their correct email - make sense? Thank You!

More
7 years 3 months ago #92230 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Martin

If that happens, I guess they will have to use Contact Form on your site, contact administrator and ask him to correct the email for him

To prevent users from entering a wrong email, you can create a new field to on registration form to ask subscribers to confirm their email :

1. Go to membership pro -> custom fields, create a new custom field with the following setting:

- Name : confirm_email
- Title: Confirm Email
- Validation Rules : validate[equals

• Martin Quessenberry
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #92253 by Martin Quessenberry
Thanks - This is very helpful! I figured as much but wasn't sure.

Can the subscription form custom fields be edited? For instance, I'd like "password" to be "create password", etc. I noticed the translation tab but wasn't sure if that was the right spot. Looking forward to launching soon - Membership Pro has been the perfect solution!! Thanks again for all of your support!

More
7 years 3 months ago #92264 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Martin

1=> Yes. Go to Membership Pro -> Translation, find the text and change it to meet your need

2=> For custom fields like first name, last name..., if you want to change the title, go to Membership Pro -> Custom Fields, click on Custom Fields to edit and change title directly from there

Regards,

Tuan

• Martin Quessenberry
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #92348 by Martin Quessenberry
Now that I have my SSL certificate installed and ready to go. Is there anything I need to do with-in the Membership Pro configuration? (I.E. - activate HTTPS?) Thanks again for your help!

More
7 years 3 months ago #92349 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes Martin

Go to Membership Pro -> Configuration, set Activate HTTPS config option to Yes

Tuan