• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago #94284 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro version 2.8.0 relased was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 2.8.0. There are nice improvements and small bugs fixed to this version:

1. Membership Pro now requires Joomla 3.5.0+ to work

Raise minimum Joomla version to 3.5.0 allows us to remove usage of deprecated Joomla code, result in modern, better code. It also help make the extension compatible with future releases of Joomla easier.

2. Improve recurring subscriptions

- Send notification email to admin and confirmation email to subscriber when subscribers cancel recurring subscription from their PayPal account (before, it is slient, no email is sent, so admin is not aware of about this cancellation)

- Allow subscribers update credit card information for their recurring subscription (in case their credit card is expired...) from membership profile. At the moment, we only support this feature for Stripe. If it works good, we will add support for Authorize.net and PayPal Pro (credit card base payment methods)... in future releases. If you are using Stripe, please re-download Stripe payment plugin, update to your site to use this feature, of course, you need to update Membership Pro to version 2.8.0, too

3. Adding support for Exclusive Plans option
See www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...ive-plans.html#90876 for details discussion from community members.

When you add/edit a category, there is an option called Exclusive Plans. If set to Yes, each subscriber can only have an activate subscription of one plan in that same category

4. Improve Articles Restriction

Now, you can select categories you want to restrict access and all articles from these categories (already added or will be added in the future) will be restricted to subscribers of the plan. This will help you to not having to select individual articles (now and in the future, when new articles is added to the category)

5. Improve K2 items Restriction

Now, you can select categories you want to restrict access and all K2 items from these categories (already added or will be added in the future) will be restricted to subscribers of the plan. This will help you to not having to select individual k2 items (now and in the future, when new articles is added to the category)

6. Improve Prorated upgrade option

In previous version, when you add an upgrade rule, you can choose Prorated by Time only. Now, we also added support for Prorated by Price

7. Add Option to Log Emails

We added a new config option to called Log Email Types to allow choosing logging all kind of emails sent from the system. These Logged emails can be seen at Tools -> Emails Log section of Membership Pro. This is really useful (especially when you want to monitor and make sure reminder emails are sent from the system properly, when it is sent...)

8. Added support for multiple levels of dependency of custom fields
In previous versions, you can only have one level of dependency. From this release, you can have multiple levels of dependency when using custom fields dependency feature, give you more power to control the custom fields in the system

9. Improve Emails & Messages
- Added an offline payment message support for upgrade membership using offline payment (before, upgrade use same message for all payment method)
- Allow setup the following messages for each subscription plan (plan can have it own messages if needed)
1. Subscription renewal user email body (offline payment
2. Subscription upgrade user email body
3. Subscription upgrade user email body (Offline Payment)

10. Improve Offline payment plugin

We added a new parameter called Subscription Status. By default, when users subscribe using offline payment method, subscription status will be Pending and Admin has to approve subscription record manually, Set this parameter to Active will make subscription record becomes active immediately when subscriber sign up

11. Allow hiding active subscription plans of a user in plans list

There is new config option called Hide active plans. Set it to Yes, all the plans which users subscribed (and still active) won't be displayed in plan list (so that he won't subscribe to it again)

12. Some small bugs fixed
- Fix issue with Registration Redirect Plugins causes by some changes in latest version of CB
- Improve the text which is displayed in membership status module when users subscribed for a lifetime membership subscription plans

Please update your site to this latest version of Membership Pro to use these nice improvements. Thanks for continue using the product and support our development. I will continue working hard to make it better from time to time.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: vthomas, Stephen, Ashraf Tayab, Sibren, Christian Rieger, Alan Bennett, Jonathan Colls, Camilo Cifuentes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #94303 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Membership Pro version 2.8.0 relased

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: 8. Added support for multiple levels of dependency of custom fields
In previous versions, you can only have one level of dependency. From this release, you can have multiple levels of dependency when using custom fields dependency feature, give you more power to control the custom fields in the system

Hi Tuan,

Can you please explain this a little more for me, what are it's main uses or needs please? Just so I can understand if I may need to make use of this feature or not. :)

Regards,

More
7 years 2 months ago #94317 by vthomas
Replied by vthomas on topic Membership Pro version 2.8.0 relased
Thank you so much for these improvements! It's taking me a while (still working on it) to understand all the features, but it has met all our needs so far!! Sincerely, Vicky

More
7 years 2 months ago #94326 by Serge
Replied by Serge on topic Membership Pro version 2.8.0 relased
great work Tuan!

as there is a new K2 plugin (osmembershipk2) with this version 2.8, I wonder if you have now built in the option:

Protection Method
Prevent Access to Item K2 Detail Page
Hide fulltext from none subscribers

you have customized this for us a while ago and we really need this functionality.
I'm afraid I will loose it when updating.

Thanks

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago #94329 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.8.0 relased
Hello Serge

No, I haven't included it into this release it. Did I send you the modified plugin? If so, could you please attach it here, I will look at it and consider adding support for this option in next release

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 2 months ago #94330 by Serge
ok, attached is the version you sent me. would be great if you could send back an updated version that works with 2.8.0.
thank you
Attachments:

More
7 years 1 month ago #94644 by Serge
Hello Tuan,

did you manage to make the customized K2 plugin compatible with the latest MS Pro 2.8?
Thanks

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #95143 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.8.1 relased
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 2.8.1. This version contains bugs fixes and some minor improvements as states below:

1. Fixed and issue with new subscription using offline payment. Due to the bug, new user (who doesn't have an account before subscription) won't be able to subscribe for the plan using offline payment

2. Fixed issue with upload profile avatar on new subscription. It sometime, over-write avatar of existing users

3. Fixed some javascript errors:

- Now, when you create a new subscription from backend, you will be forced to choose a subscription plan
- Now, when you press the Renew Subscription button in the backend, you will be asked to choose a subscription record before process.

4. Improve K2 items restriction plugin: Added a new parameter to allow choosing protection mode (prevent access to item detail or prevent access to full text)

5. Allow searching for subscribers, subscriptions records using their full name (stored in their Joomla account). That's useful in case you want to search for members base on full name instead of just first name or last name...

6. Send invoice to subscriber (with Paid Status) when admin approves the subscription record from backend (in case subscribers choose offline payment for the subscription)

7.Improve group membership. Now when you add/edit a custom field, set Populate Data From Group Admin to Yes, then when group admin add new group member, the data from group admin subscription will be used to fill-in the form fields automatically, that would save time for group admin

8. Added some css class to layout to help customizing the layout (using css if needed) easier

Please update to latest version to have these small bugs fixed and minor improvements

Tuan
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago #95546 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.8.1 relased
Update:

Due to a bug with PayPal payment system (they send IPN message to wrong URL - only happens with some transactions, not ALL), today, I decided to add some code to Membership Pro to fix this bug and release version 2.8.2. If you use PayPal, please update to this latest version to prevent the issue from happening

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Bennett, JayBEE

More
7 years 1 month ago #95549 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic Membership Pro version 2.8.1 relased
Auto update is failing. I had to download and install manually :)
URL that shows in Joomla admin gives 400 error.