Downloads Manager Location of Files for Users?

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #94373 by PhoenixUK
Hi Tuan,

I know there's a tab in the Plan tabs, for Download Manager and I have placed a test file in a plan but I can't seem to find the location of the said file in a test account?

I have read this section of your documentation: membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/miscel...loads-manager-plugin where it says "After subscribers subscribe for the plan, he can go to user profile page, access to My Downloads tab to see and download the documents which you upload in the step #2 above".

However, I'm not using the box standard Joomla profile or the MembershipPro one, I'm using EasyProfile for my user's profiles, as there are much more personalisation abilities.

Therefore, can you guide me as to what I need to do, to be able to offer my users that subscribe to a plan, the ability to get access to that plans files that I place in its download manager, please?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #94384 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Downloads Manager Location of Files for Users?
Hello

If you use Easy Profile, you will have to write a plugin for Easy Profile to display the files which the current logged in users can download

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhoenixUK

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #94425 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Downloads Manager Location of Files for Users?
Good job I looked on their site's forum first, before looking to have this done by somebody ;)

www.easy-profile.com/support/tab-subscri...pro.html#reply-15582

They have 3 extra tabs now available as stable Easy Profile plugins, that integrate with MembershipPro;

- Easy Profile - Membership Pro Subscription History Tab
- Easy Profile - Membership Pro My Downloads Tab
- Easy Profile - Membership Pro Renew, Update Plan Tab

Awesome news and should do what I need to, plus get some extra's on top of the original requirement of Download Files :D

More
7 years 2 months ago #94462 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Downloads Manager Location of Files for Users?
:). In case you could implement Downloads Managers tab, please share it here if it is possible :)

Tuan

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #94495 by PhoenixUK

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: :). In case you could implement Downloads Managers tab, please share it here if it is possible :)

Tuan

Sorry Tuan,

What do you mean with the above?

Regards,

More
7 years 2 months ago #94496 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I thought you were going to implement a plugin for Easy Profile to display list of files which subscriber can download? That's why I said if you get it implemented and could share it here, that would be great

Ignore it if I mis-understood your comment

Regards,

Tuan

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #94497 by PhoenixUK

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: I thought you were going to implement a plugin for Easy Profile to display list of files which subscriber can download? That's why I said if you get it implemented and could share it here, that would be great

Ignore it if I mis-understood your comment

Regards,

Tuan

Ah right, I see now what you meant above Tuan.

Just took a small screen recording of EasyProfile's plugins in place on my site, namely "My Subscriptions" and "My Downloads".

However, there seems to be a fault with the "Upgrade or Renew" tab, where when this one is enabled it forces a weird blank popup dialogue box, that locks me out of my front-end page links / items until one select not to let this diag box open anymore dialogues.

Also, instead of the "Upgrade / Renew" content going in to a specific tab, like the Subscription and Downloads clearly do... upgrade and renew ends up as text only and out of a tab, which also forces the previous working Subscription and Downloads, out of the tabs in to this textual link presentation.

I've already asked them about this;

Membership Pro Tabs plugins only render normal Membership Pro views. Nothing more, so the output is managed by Membership Pro and not Easy Profile.
- Easy Profile - Membership Pro Subscription History Tab load view from Menu Item of type Membership Pro->Subscription History (entire output is managed from Membership Pro)
- Easy Profile - Membership Pro Renew,Update Plan Tab load views from Menu Items of type Membership Pro->Renew Membership and Membership Pro->Upgrade Membership (entire output is managed from Membership Pro)
- Easy Profile - Membership Pro My Downloads Tab, this is the only Plugin that not load a view from Membership Pro, but it include same identical code from Membership Pro.

They're saying that as their Easy Profile - MembershipPro Tabs Plugin... In my case the Upgrade / Renew is posing the issue that I've mentioned to you above as the only thing wrong with all of this and that as it's entire output is managed by MembershipPro, then the fix wouldn't be there's to make? :/

Regards,
Attachments:

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #94512 by PhoenixUK
While I think on Tuan, regarding Download Manager / Files - is there any way you could look at for a future addition, if there to enable "Categories" within the main Download Manager, this way it would be incredibly helpful and make it much smoother for end users, to sort/read when there are a fair few files, if they can be placed in their "Plan" with categories?

Regards,

More
7 years 1 month ago #94517 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Honestly, that would be too big for a plugin for Membership Pro like that. If you need categories management for your files, I think you should use Membership Pro with a Downloads Manager extension like EDocman

Regards,

Tuan