Search or Sort option for Custom Fields

• Ian Black
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 day ago #96422 by Ian Black
Search or Sort option for Custom Fields was created by Ian Black
I have just set up the basic website using Membership Pro, thanks to the details documentation. However, I cannot find out how to enable sort for the custom fields in Members List on the Front End. Also, they don't appear in the beck end listings - Subscribers or Reports. How can I make these changes?

Also, is there a was to use the custom fields to search subscribers with those criteria?

Thanks, Ian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 day ago #96446 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Search or Sort option for Custom Fields
Hello Ian

1. What custom fields you want to be able to sort? If it is basic field like first_name, last_name, organization... (these fields are available when you first install Membership Pro), then it is possible to modify code to support that. However, if you want to sort by extra fields you created yourself, it is difficult and not possible

2. Currently, we don't have a way to allow showing custom fields on the lists you mentioned. In the next release 2.9.0, I will work on it and should make it possible (you should be able to choose to show extra fields you want on the list). However, since the space is limited, I don't think you can show many fields there

Regards,

Tuan

• Chas Large
  • Lets do it together
More
6 years 11 months ago #96985 by Chas Large
Replied by Chas Large on topic Search or Sort option for Custom Fields
Hello Tuan,

I too would like to be able to search for custom fields in a list, either the Membership List (Front End) or the Subscription Report list (Back End).

Maybe a custom field drop down selector like the 'All Plans and Subscription Status' could be offered, just like the search options in Joomla's articles lists.

Attached is a mock up of how it might look. The column could be added easily I feel.

Hopefully

Chas.

We can do it.
Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago #96995 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Search or Sort option for Custom Fields
Hello Chas

Sadly, searching for data from custom fields is not easy to implement. And it might be slow on site with many subscriptions record

Will still try to find a solution for it. Will update you here in case we can implement this feature

Tuan